Resetting the BIOS is NOT Working!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

ccasmoe00

In Runtime
I was trying to overclock my computer using the BIOS and changed a couple things. Went to restart it and now I get nothing. It just turns on(PC ONLY, no monitor, keyboard or mouse), then beeps 3 times and just stays on and does nothing.

I've tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the battery and leaving it unplugged for a couple hours. Still nothing!!!!

Please advise on what I can do to completely fix this.

Here is a link to my motherboard. http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Intel2/4006135R/4006135Rsp26.shtml

Thanks in advance everyone!

Are the 3 beeps long or short? Three long beeps would indicate a keyboard problem. Make sure it's connected properly or try a known good keyboard.

Sometimes taking the battery out doesn't do it. You may have to reset it by moving the BIOS/CMOS jumper on the motherbord. I can't find a good link to a page that tells you how. I know the jumper is near the battery and has 3 prongs. just take the jumper and move it to the one that is open and leave it for a few seconds. Then move it back tho the original configuration.

Are the 3 beeps long or short? Three long beeps would indicate a keyboard problem. Make sure it's connected properly or try a known good keyboard.

The beeps are about med in length. I've made sure to unplug everything except the monitor, key board and mouse. All of them are connect correctly and were working fine before I made the changes.

I thought it meant something about a memory problem? Maybe I'm wrong.....

Sometimes taking the battery out doesn't do it. You may have to reset it by moving the BIOS/CMOS jumper on the motherbord. I can't find a good link to a page that tells you how. I know the jumper is near the battery and has 3 prongs. just take the jumper and move it to the one that is open and leave it for a few seconds. Then move it back tho the original configuration.

Do you mean this? http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Intel2/4006135R/4006135Rmvr11.shtml

Got it guys, I had to take that jumper and move it over then reset the BIOS. Worked perfectly. Sitting here all day and thats all it took!!!! lol

Thanks everyone!

Good job!
bananaWrench.gif

Back
Top Bottom