wireless router setup

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I bought a wireless router today, mainly for use with my psp. So, my question is this: I have sprint mobile broadband, and it plugs into my computer via usb modem. So I was thinking, can I plug my router in through my ethernet port on my computer, and send the sprint internet out through that? How do I do that?

Thanks!!

Right so your on broadband at the moment via a usb modem but you want to run your INTERNET off you router instead?
Plug your router in via the Ethernet cable then goto the home address of your router in you explorer it will Be something like 192.168.1.1 it should say so in your instructions of the router, then you need to run the set up wizard and hopefully it will have your broadband details filled in , its quite easy if your stuck goto your ISP website and look for the settings.
Remember to set the encryption up WEP so your not open to hackers.

My internet comes in through the USB modem, so I need to send it out through the wireless router is what I mean.

No, the usb modem is what recieves the internet, like a cellphone that recieves internet basically. so the internet comes in through the USB modem from a cell tower. So than I want to send the internet out to the router.

Got it, through ICS, I need to set up some protection now, I live out in the middle of nowhere, but still. Also, how far does Wireless G reach? My nieghbors live about 200 feet away I would say. Can it reach that far?

Back
Top Bottom