memory help!!!

mcfelpe

Baseband Member
my computer is quite old (pentium 4 1.7 ghz), since I dont have a budget and i want my computer to increase its performance, I will just buy bigger memory (currently running @ 256 mb), Im not familiar with memories so i read my motherboards manual to know what kind of memory my computer is using... it says the system memory uses PC2100/1600 DDR DIMMs. but when i opened my computer and took a closer look at the memory installed in my motherboard. it has a sticker that says (pc266 256 mb)...

Is pc2100 and pc266 just the same? or pc266 is just a compatible memory for my motherboard?

OK, i'll give you a link for what to buy, all you have to do is buy it, remove the old one and pop the new ones in

Ram

If you go to crucial website and run there scanner it Will tell you exactly what you need you don't have to buy theres of course but you will have the spec you need. crucial ram is very good that comes with a life time guarantee.
http://www.crucial.com/

266 is the speed the RAM is running at. PC2100 RAM runs at 266 MHz, so you might have read the stickers incorrectly. No harm done, though, we can still find what you need.

if ur gonna get more ram... go with G.Skill

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Memory - Retail $49.99

Back
Top Bottom