Whats the difference??

THe only difference would be with the retail version, you can legally uninstall it from one computer, and put it on another. That's it.

I'm not going to try to talk you out of XP, but I'm just curious why not vista? I have yet to have a problem with it.

better fps in gaming, plus im familiar with xp,Would an 8800GT and a 3.2 ghz proccesor still run games fine on vista though?

the 8800 is a direct x ten card not to use vista would be stupid because you wouldn't get all the power and effects out of it
and speed doesn't matter for a cpu the question is y wouldn't u go dual core? dual core will kick and 3ghz single core
trust me go vista as long as you got 2g ram you will be more then happy
but don't get me wrong xp is a great os but not to get vista i just fine stupid because its going to take over like xp did

^^ Is the processor dual or quad core?

If so, then yes, an 8800GT and 3.2 ghz processor would run things on vista like a charm

If its only a single core, it would still run pretty good, just not up to your full expectations

better fps in gaming, plus im familiar with xp,Would an 8800GT and a 3.2 ghz proccesor still run games fine on vista though?

It should, and I didn't have a single FPS drop in games when I switched (only change was the OS).

Back
Top Bottom