new to the forum and could use some help

if I understood right, I do have two graphics cards, and they have been running in sli mode this whole time with out a sli psu. Is that what may have caused a problem? Thanks for all the timely responses too. You guys n gals? (?) are helpin me save time and money. Great forum!

Do the graphics cards require their own power plug? If so, as long as they are both plugged in your are OK, whether there is a SLI sticker on your PSU or not.

kay need some more help to solve this. I am not the most computer savy person, but I can play the f**k out of CS:S or C&C3. Can some one take a min to look up the right tester on ebay, or point me to a good site to buy one off of. Thanks for the help

Tested the psu at the store I bought the computer from, and

:drum roll:

Its good, although all he tested was the 20 pin. And I asked him for a price on the tested... 120$... ?

So, back to square 1

okay the psu is good and back in the case. Thought I would power her up and see what happens. I go to thedesktop and started listen to music to see how that went. It stayed on for about 30 min's and then restarted by it self. And something else really wierd happened.

The mouse (plugged into USB) kept becoming undetected and redetected. Non stop with about 2 seconds intervals. Tried the mouse plug adapter and it wouldnt work all together. ? motherboard

If any knows microsoft error codes, I took a picture and would like to email them to some one. It gave me a message box after it restarted by itself and I clicked the more details and took a pic of all the number (error codes) so pm me a email if you think you can tell me what it means

i'm still learning about computers, so i'm going to take a stab at what the problem is, but correct me if i'm wrong, but my guess would be the motherboard. from the computers i've worked with, the motherboards can act up in weird ways.

Back
Top Bottom