Wewt.

Lucky. I like to have a toy car to tinker with too. None of it with all this smog crap we have now. I need an old Cobra or something to work on.

I wish I had access to a mig welder, so then I could take off all the panels and re tact them on.

Hmm.... I wonder what I could use in place of a mig?

So you are just going to do it up enough just to drive I gather from the spray can paint job you are going to do?

More or less.

I'm going to make it capable. Going to replace all spring and body bushings, front shocks (and I need to reweld the passenger side front shock back to the outside of the frame).

I want to take off all the panels, put some rust-converter on it all the way around, but the problem with that is that I cant spot weld them back on.

So ill just wire brush, and rust convert all the shown places. Then I need to patch and grind down a few areas... ill clean it up and it should be good to go. I mean obviously other various things all the way around, but just to make it road worthy, very little has to be done.

Well thats the thing, I do know how to weld.

I'm exceptionally good with mig, my problem is getting one to use.. I found one for sale a few hours away on craigslist, but its 400 dollars I don't have.

The ONLY possibility I can really think of, is the school lets me borrow one for a day

Back
Top Bottom