There Here!!!!

AMD processors aren't really big on L2 cache...
Anyone here thinking about buying?

Was thinking, till I ordered my q6600, and will be oced 3.0ghz hopefully. should pwn the crap outta that thing.

I'm done with being an AMD fanboy.

oh, s**t

260 for a quad core processor that actually is a quad and not just 2 duals?

I wanna see benchmarks, I bet that one can outperform some Intel quads.

the amd quads didnt get very good reviews besides for being very cheep

that's why they will sell because they are cheap. Most people don't care about performance, they just see quad core and that it is cheaper than intels quad core so they will buy from AMD

Any benchmarks? are they going to be faster than core 2 quads, thats the question

Edit: found some on tomshardware

I love how tomshardware can put an AMD posetive spin on any situations

MEHHHHHH!!!! I still rather spend the extra $20 for Intel Q6600. But I'm glad AMD has something to counter Intel. FINALLY!!!! Well, I shouldn't say counter.....AMD is positioning their quad core as the most affordable quad core CPU in the market today and currently not planning to attack Intel's offerings in the high end field.

Bottom line:

"The Phenom 9600 is about 13.5% slower than Intel's Q6600 in benchmark testing. On the other hand, its price is also 13.6% lower than that of its direct competitor. Thus, the two products offer practically the same performance for your money."

AMD is planning to introduce a Phenom Black Edition this year that will have an open multiplier--which should enable users to hit the 3+ GHz.

Back
Top Bottom