OC'n CPU

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I okay, I just started to OC my cpu, I got the clocking up to 3.0GHz like I wanted to :p but my question is if I did it correctly...

When I go to contol panel then to system is shows my cpu like this...

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz 3.00GHz

what's the 1st # mean? is that just means what it's supose to be at? The second # is right :p

Also I ran 3DMARK and my score was 37074, is that passing?

Futuremark is just a way to score your system for future hardware. Basically you ran a very old 3dMark app. I fail to see why people still run anything below 06 unless there on old hardware.

Basically you want 3dMark06. The score you get gives you a rough idea of the frames per second you'll get on games in 07.

Not sure which one you used but 37074 would be interpreted as games built the year after that 3dmark you could theoretically play at 370.74 FPS.

Thats why I say get a current version to get an idea of games built now. There should be a new futuremark comming out with all the hardware changes. But for now its 06. Example I get like 11,700 in 06 run at default settings which means games built in 07 at the defaut 1280X1024 resolution I should be able to game at 117.00 FPS with no AA etc.

If you game at different settings change them to what you try and game at.

Basically to sum it up its just a tool that measures your GPU/CPU performance and helps you fine tune it for best overall performance and to gauge future game play.

As for the CPU if you set your FSB @ 1500 yes your CPU is now 3000Mhz.

Be sure to run stress testing tools to verify its stable and watch your temps.

See my overclock database in my sig for download links for orthos and temp monitor software. Be sure to get in the database when your finished overclocking!

I set my FSB to 1200 and that made it 3.00GHz, used to be 1033. Anyhow it's passing on Prime95 with flying colors. My cpu max temp can get up to 64c and sometimes 66c, never gone passed 66c. I know that's a little high, but is that okay for now? I'm goin to upgrade my case soon for this computer and going to upgrade to a Zalaman 9700. Is it okay to have those temps for a little while you think? When I play games it never goes above 62c, intel reccommends 61c.

nope :p didn't have to. All I wanted was 3.00ghz, and I got it w/o touching the vcore.

I also ran Prime95 for 3 hours with 0 errors and 0 warnings so it seems to be stable.

Back
Top Bottom