Problem with a new computer.Please help!

4iko

Solid State Member
Hello,I bought a new comp without OS and I'm just trying to get it up and running.But when I turn it on to install the mobo drivers (GeForce6100 SM-M) all I get is 5 beeps then it stops and then it starts beeping again continuously..However I can not find anywhere in the manual what those beeps mean?What to do?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

put your installation disk in and set your computer to boot from the disk rather than the hard drive.
Thats your windows installation disk not motherboard driver disk.

5-beeps, I wonder what they mean? When you first turn on your PC, you should see what kind of BIOS you're using: Award, Phoenix, AMI, etc. I would find out what it is and go to their website to find out what they say about the 5-beeps.

Have you double checked to make sure everything is plugged in correctly?
No,I haven't but I'll do that right now...

put your installation disk in and set your computer to boot from the disk rather than the hard drive.

I can not even get to the BIOS...

5 beeps according to google suggests a processor error

5 Beeps: Processor failure

Explanation: The system processor is generating an error condition indicating a problem with it.

Diagnosis: There is a problem related to the processor or motherboard. Note that this doesn't mean that the processor is necessarily dead; with a dead processor the system won't boot at all (it runs the BIOS code that is used to start up the PC.)

Back
Top Bottom