Start up Error

Thank you my ram is the problem. I'm going to buy new ram. I don't
want to buy corsair ram because they rip you off on price, G-Skill okay?

I'm so aggervated I have to do this lol. I would just figure out which 1's are bad and just replace those but I do not want to mix ram, so I'm just going to buy x4 1gb G Skill ddr2 to replace all 4.
It should still be under warranty, most manufacturers these days have a lifetime warranty so check out Corsairs warranty policy.

If ram has bad sectors it will probably show up in the first complete pass, sometimes (rarely) it will show up in later passes

Okay I did the mem test on all the ram seperate and there is no errors with any of them. I think it's because 1 of the slots. The little clip teeths that make the ram snap in seem to be messed up, and its not going in 100% correctly. The computer reads that the ram is there but it'll have errors on the mem test. Any suggestions to get it to work without errors. I built this computer 6 months ago, so I don't really want to buy a new mobo on this computer if I don't have to.

Also if I can't get it to work in that slot correctly, is it okay to have 3 gigs in 3 slots, or will that make it not work in dual channel and loose a lot of performance?

This mobo is been a heck of a ride since I got it. I will never buy a asus mobo again.

I'm going to keep meesing with that slot, and run mem tests on that slot and see if I can get it to work without errors

I just don't get it. That slot is fine with 1 stick in it. No errors with mem test. It works fine with 3 sticks, but once I put 4 in there is when I get errors during mem test. Any ideas before I throw my computer against the wall?

Ahh you got a bad dimm slot. You'll need to send your board back. Take one of the good sticks and test each slot to figure out which slot is bad. It probally won't even post in the bad dimm slot.

Happened with my Asus P5n32 SLI Premium board. Still havn't RMA'd it but it works fine with 1 stick of ram in one slot. The rest of the slots it won't even post because the boards dimm slots are bad.

Also if your wondering why I have not RMA'd my board even though its still under warranty. Ha ya there bs warranty. Heres a sample of what I got when I inquired about my RMA. What a joke the whole point of a warranty is so you don't have to pay WTF is this?

solution:

Dear Valued Customer: XXXXX

If you need immediate assistance, please feel free to contact the RMA Department directly at 510-739-3777 Ext. 5105 to obtain your RMA#.

Please REPLY back to this email to receive your RMA#/Replacement Part.

If you have already received an RMA# for your ASUS product, you may disregard this email. Thank you for supporting ASUS.

Please provide the following information so that we may process your request for warranty repair service. Once we have obtained that information from you, we will issue an RMA # and provide the proper shipping instructions. Please read and provide all of the information below. We cannot complete your request, if all of the information below is not provided.
Thank you,
ASUS Computer International

PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH:
-THE MODEL & SERIAL NUMBER OFF OF YOUR PRODUCT
model (name of product) serial# (10 digits/characters long, no dashes) Serial # located on either the top of the purple parallel port (printer port), side of PCI Slots, side of Brown CNR Slot, or the backside of the product itself)
-YOUR FULL NAME/NAME OF COMPANY (Please provide name of business if shipping to a company for shipping purposes).
-YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS (no PO boxes please)
-YOUR DAYTIME PHONE/FAX NUMBER
-BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM EXPERIENCING

ASUS Computer International (USA) is a warranty repair service center. Please contact place of purchase for credit, refund or upgrade. Asus does not provide these services under any circumstances.

ASUS Does not cover physical damage (physically broken components on the product). Please refer to page 2 of your users manual. There is a $15.00 - $60.00 fee to replace a broken socket. There is a $25.00 - $60.00 fee to repair all other physical damage. If a product is not repairable, the product will be sent back to the customer. If a product is sent in with physical damage, the product will be rejected and customers will not be reimbursed for shipping charges. A payment can be made by check, money order (payable to ASUS), or a credit card#. The payment must be sent in with the damaged product. Customers from Canada must make payments with a credit card#. ASUS warranty covers all malfunctions that are not caused by physical damage to the product.

Thank you,
ASUS CSR Department
E002

all the slots work. But when I have all 4 in, the computer will work and read all 4, but when I run the mem test I will get an error for test 5. when I just have 3 in it, it passes with flying colors. I've done a test on all the ram so the ram is good. I've tested all the slots with just 1 stick and that works too. Any other suggestions?

Also will I be okay with just x3 1gb sticks? or just using 2 better?

Well if you run 3 sticks your not going to get dual channel.

Are your timings and voltages at spec? If your ram has a range say 1.8V-2.1V suggested try increasing it towards the higher end of the recommended.

It sounds like there not getting enough voltage. If you have checked all the slots and they all work. If your already at the max recommended you could try a slight overvolt and see if that cures it. If its recommended at 2.1V max try 2.1125V

Back
Top Bottom