The joys of being the only computer literate person in your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad noes quite a bit but he stil trys to get me to help my sis with her comp but i tell him to get lost because neither my younger or older sisters let me touch their comps even tho im brighter then both of them put together in almost everything(literally)

its was kinda like that when i was starting out, they always said it was my fault but now since i have a job at a computer store, they leave to me to all the setup and networking, and all the minor stuff, plus three friends have paid me to work on their computers,

Oh yeah, their is no 69 pin ram. Their is 72 pin ram (EDO Ram), however you wouldn't be able to find a 128MB stick of it.

well at my house, everyone trusts me with the computers, but when something goes wrong, i get blamed for it :) but its easy to offset that blame to someone else as i have proof alot of the times

^thats what i was going to say, thats what i want to do, just be able to print stuff w\o having to throw it on a flash drive and take it to my mom and have her print it, because she doesnt trust me using her computer :rolleyes: like im going to break it by printing something. also her trying to tell me what to do everytime gets annoying too, like doing MS word on hers is different from doing it on mine.

printer ink gets expensive... I got an old printer for free with 2 black ink cartridges, once I use up the ink it will be given away.

I'm the only computer literate person in my house as well. They respect my knowledge enough and let me do maintenance and stuff. If it hinders them from using it for long my dad will get a little annoyed though... I don't get blamed for everything that goes wrong. All my parents do is email and internet on their PC. No problems in a long time, they usually go to the same sites with a random site or so that's different. I run an unofficial business selling/rebuilding/fixing PCs. My parents know I know what I am doing. I just hate it when I am fixing something and a (PC illiterate) person is standing behind me asking what I am doing. I don't like to be bothered while working on something and If I sit there and explain what I am doing, they won't understand what I said anyway... Next time that happens I might just tell them something that has nothing to do with computers and they will probably believe me... "The cepter core overheated causing a minor malfunction, I just gotta download a cooling patch and it will be good to go."

Your sister likes the 5 min boot time? I was given a PC once that had no less than a 10 min boot time. I gave up on it after awhile, too long to load stuff. The 80GB HDD was full w/ about 100MB free space...I managed to figure that much out with the slow moving system. Pretty sad what people do with their systems then go and buy a brand new one when all they had to do was a simple reformat. Whatever...I've been given quite a few good systems for free, so it's not a big complaint.:D Bought my new build only off the money I made from the PCs I sold.

Yeah, I'm the only one in mine.
They let me tamper with the computer but i'm mostly leaving them to it.

I recently went on it though to check if theyd been updating to find that on all 3 windows setups, they've managed to get rid of the raid 1 config. No idea how thats happened but meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom