Safe download?

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
I wanted to download this program off a website to show my brother some cool little editing tricks. It said on the website to disable all anti virus software because many computers will reconize the program as a trojan for some reason, but infact it has nothing wrong with it at all. So i was a little suspicious so i did some research on it and found that other people were saying oh yeah its fine it just gets reconized as a trojan but its not.

I finally decided to just screw it and download it anyways. So i disable my anti virus and installed the program. All was going well intill the anti virus turned back on. It started saying that it has detected hacktools and other things relating to a hack tool.

Is that a form of a trojan or did i just totally put something else onto my computer?

depends what you downloaded. some hacking tools will popup on virus checkers.

well sounds like your ok then. especially if the website looks ok then i see no reason as to why its dogey

If you worried about downloading software theres a good rule to follow, always save the downloaded file then scan it with your AV to check for viruses NEVER DOWNLOAD AND RUN/INSTALL THE SOFTWARE STRAIGHT AWAY this is the worst thing you could do your basically opening a door of you computer to hackers.

I used WPE before. Mainly its used to cheat in online games.Sending packets to the server, etc. I have used it, nothing bad happen, so I guesss your safe. =D

I wanted to download this program off a website to show my brother some cool little editing tricks. It said on the website to disable all anti virus

Ummm, I'm not a rocket scientist or anything but if I was to download a 3rd party application from a unknown source on the net and it stated to turn off all AV software I sure in the hell wouldn't do it. You know how easy it is to setup a website with malicious code/content to infect users who visit it by simply clicking on a link? Point is, it's that easy. F.Y.I If it's not a trusted source don't download from it
Post the website address for this software you downloaded I want to see something. ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom