Everything going WRONG!! Cant even run windows repair

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, first it started with windows media player, everytime I plugged something in or unpluged something from the usb ports, it would say, "Windows media player has stopped working" So than I figured, ok, system restore will fix it. But before I did that, I wanted to check something online, and I try and connect to the internet, and sprint gives me the error #633, modem is already in use or not configured, yet it works fine on the computer I am typing on now. So than I try system restore. That fails, twice on 2 different restore points. So now I am trying to run windows repair, and it cant find my partitions when I boot from the disk, to run windows repair on!! I cant do anything. Think its a virus?

Hmmm that does sound strange Im thinking maybe your HDD died or on its way out as it cant detect any partitions but im not sure.

Oh, that would suck, but it boots up fine. I was planning on buy an additional harddrive soon.

Oh, that would suck, but it boots up fine. I was planning on buy an additional harddrive soon.

Hang on a min, are you saying that the computer boots ok but if you try to boot with the XP disc to do a format it doesnt detect any drives.

Yeah, its vista x64 too. But, I can start up windows just fine. But when I run windows repair, it doesnt work.

Yeah, its vista x64 too. But, I can start up windows just fine. But when I run windows repair, it doesnt work.

Never heard of that before, hopefully another of our members can think of something to help you I just dont know.

ntfs partitions right?
thats damn strange.
try the "error checking" thing, might work.

NTFS, yeah, idk, it is really wierd. And now with the internet not being able to connect. How do I do the error checking?

Back
Top Bottom