My computer

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
2 gigs OCZ Platinum Revision 2
Abit Motherboard
7800 GT OC
250gb Sata Hard Drive
650w BFG Power Supply
Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Ok here is the situation. My 2 old video cards fried and i sent them back to BFG and they got replaced with a 7800 GT OC (battling for the 2nd card but thats another story). So i basically built a new computer (all new parts of the specs listed above) well the video was flickering when i full screened video or ran a video game so i sent it back and got another new one but the same problem is occuring. I have tested all my hardware and its all working (to my knowledge) ive tried several different nvidia drivers including beta ones from nvidia. I updated directx and changed all my bios settings to all kinds of things (voltages etc) and I cant get anything to fix this problem.
I have even had several people who have diagnostics programs etc (computer repair people) look at it and no one can seem to figure out whats causing this. Any suggestions?

PS just to clarify the video skips not flickers (if you watch the windows media player bar it chops horribly)

i think your chipset\PCI-E on your motherboard might be messed up. if you have onboard video take out your card and try playing a video see if it works. if you dont have onboard video try borrowing a buddies card or get one from another computer.

as rudster said it could be the mobo.
It could also be something very simple like a faulty codec.

You could try another media player (I suggest VLC) and k-lite codec pack to make sure it's not software related.

it does it on all video players and all the hardware has been tested working. Any suggestions this is completely stumping me

Back
Top Bottom