Cant overclock my new Dual core cpu. Not even 1MHz

Thomasj

Baseband Member
I just got a new AMD Athlon 4600+ x2 and was hoping to get some pretty good numbers out of it. If I over clock by just 1MHz I get a screen at start up that says "please re-setting cpu" or something like that. It says press F1 to continue, delete to enter set up. If I hit F1 I can start windows with no problems but when I check the CPU it is running at 2411MHz. So my changes are not being applied. I have never had this problem before. How do I get around this or what do I need to change?:confused:

I have the latest. 7-6-07 is the date. This the most up to date version on Biostars site.

All I did was swap out a sempron 3400+ for the Athlon 4600+ x2. I had my 1.8g sempron running at 2.43 cool and stable all day. No problems. I do a 5 minute swap and now I cant even OC 1mhz??

I must be missing something.

I have tried everything. Im about to put my sempron back in and see if I can overclock it again. That will tell me if its the bios or cpu

The cpu chip may be of the version where it's locked. Run the numbers and see if that may be the reason.

where exactly would I run them? I hope its not locked. Ill be very dissapointed. Can you unlock them?

Back
Top Bottom