Space Game V 1.2

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
I've added more features, fixed a few bugs, made everything run a little more smoothly, etc. I even added some instructions for testing (They were there before but you probably didn't know about them). Feel free to try it again and let me know your thoughts. I have gotten mostly positive feedback from members here so thanks for your help everyone! :D
If the game ever gets credits I'll put you all as beta testers!
If you're bored, give it a go. It is slightly bigger now at around 3.8MB.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b2jlfw0myyy

Downloading it now. I don't have a clue why though, I could be playing COD4 :p

Edit: I think you should make the enemy's fire and yours look different, it's hard to see when you are fighting a boss with an automatic cannon on it.

This isn't really a suggestion, but I started pressing a 1-5 a lot of times over and over again, and I crashed it lol. It was funny seeing a bunch of ships flying around though :p

It's because Space Game pwns COD4 hardcore. The graphics are so superior and the MIDI soundtrack is the best.

And it's so optimized that integrated graphics will get 349,234 FPS on this game.

I think maximum is going to be 30. In retrospect it should have been 60, but I kinda messed that up. It doesn't look bad though.

It's all 2d sprites and there are about 70-110 objects being rendered at once, so it should have fairly low system req's. There is some scaling though, so I believe it uses DirectX 7 or something.

You know I was joking right?

It's not really noticeable though, I didn't even notice anything.

Yeah, I did. Just spewing out some interesting facts for you there.
Game speed is 30, which is 30 fps ideally. Actual FPS varies, but I hope nobody's rig here gets lower than 30 or 29 for a split second, lol.
If you spawn too many guys you can screw it up though, don't believe me, try it. It's funny, especially with the boss.

Lol I already did, I just spawned enemies randomly as fast as I could, and got a window and it ended the game.

trying to spawn multiple enemies at the same time produces this error

Code:
for object Controller_level_1:

Error in expression:ship1.x+15
 position 7: Unknown variable x

Back
Top Bottom