Mobile Phones [Cell Phones] banned in classrooms

One rule I do think is ridiculous though, is the no electronics rule. I don't see why you can't listen to music on your MP3 player while working on the computer, or on class work for that matter.

Call me old fashioned but I cannot agree with that at all. Cant see how that would do any good for your concentration.

our school allows them in school, you just have to keep it in your locker, but you can use them at lunch :)

i wish we could listen to MP3 players during class, all the principles here say its disruptive :rolleyes: obviously that dont know the concept of volume control on the players. although the occasional subsitute will let us. last year i found the coolest teacher ever, we were correcting something and somebody was being stupid and asked "can i wrtie down the answers from up there" he said "sure, long as you regular teacher doesnt find out" :). he would let us listen to music, he was like me, layed back :) wish he would teach full time, havent seen him since last year though, probably doesnt sub here anymore for a reason...:(

T-MAN said:
Call me old fashioned but I cannot agree with that at all. Cant see how that would do any good for your concentration.

it would help so many students, students would talk WAAY less if they were allowed to listen to music, i would be one of them. i always listen to music when i do homework, makes it much more fun, because i love listening to music.

At my school, no cell phones on in the classroom is a rule(woah big surprise). but that doesn't stop people from sending and receiving texts and answering calls without the teacher knowing.

Just goes to show the lack of respect and lack of personal discipline young people have these days.

Pretty much. I would rather listen to music than listen to other people talking about how much they hate Ms. so and so or other stupid stuff.

Just goes to show the lack of respect and lack of personal discipline young people have these days.

I'm 16 which makes me a young person and it's true. I've seen that most people would rather sit and text on their phone than pay attention, yet they complain about poor grades. Seems to me there's a correlation. I used to have a phone, but didn't find it very useful. I'll get one once I get my license because then I'll need it but I'm not going to be using it at school.

Cell phones have been banned from my school for years as well. Let me describe something.

In most of the classes at my high school, you had to sign a contract to take part in the class. Wanna know what the cell phone agreements was like?

English teacher. If you are caught with a cell phone, you are forced to hand it over, and then immediately the phone will be thrown against the wall. If it doesn't break, lucky you.

Woodshop teacher. There is a plaque on the wall. On that plaque there are about 10 cell phones. Each with nails in them to hold them in place. Need I say more?

in my school were allowed to have them and kids text all the time and if the teacher sees anyone texting they just tell us (students) to put them away but kids just just text again anyway.

My school was fairly unique

Math and English classes, teachers frowned upon cell phone use. No official rule banned them, however sometimes teachers would answer the phones or if people were caught constantly text messaging, take them away. However a person like me, if I receive a call I just quietly go into the hallway to take it. It was very rare that a students phone would be taken away, if they were it was just for an hour.

Other classes, nobody really cared about cell phone usage. Got away with it

i use mine in lessons all the time, and around school. only 1 or 2 teachers care, and the headmaster and all the important people do obviously, but its all good :)

Back
Top Bottom