Temp. Freezing problem...

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
Alright, so I've had my computer for awhile now and haven't ever really had any problems out of it, until now. I bought the Orange Box a couple of weeks ago, and during gameplay of any of the 4 games (Episode 1-2, portals, TF2) it would randomly just freeze up and loop the last quarter of second of sound. Then it would speed up the loop and after avg. of 25 sec. or so it would resume play as if nothing happened. It would occur more and more often until I restart my computer. This is, as you can imagine, very very annoying. Well I recently bought Call of Duty 4 and it does the exact same thing. I would really like to get this fixed and have no idea what the problem is. I suspect it is something to do w/ my processor, but I haven't a clue honestly. Also everytime I start up CoD4 multiplayer it doesn't respond for about a min and a half, but then starts back up and goes normaly. but I suspect this is a different problem.

Try downclocking back to normal and see if it helps. It says in your sig you have an AMD Opteron 175 OCed 3%, and if thats true, those 3% can be causing some problems.

If that doesn't help, it might be a GPU problem. I have had this problem a few times before. I would play a game, it would freeze, loop the sound, and then I would get an error message about temperature problems with my graphics card.

I have the newest 163.75 nvidia driver. and i will update my mobo drivers and see if that helps. idk what is what, b/c i just installed speedfan, i didn't have a temp monitor >.< but i took a screenshot of it.
temmps.jpg

Damn, 70c, not sure how hot Opertron's are suposed to run (i'm assuming 50's) But you might want to reseat your heatsink. Also you sure it's not a connection problem?

found this, so im pretty sure its my gpu thats runnin 70c
map.jpg

also, idk if its a connection or not, how would i check?

Oh NVM That was your GPU core, I guess that's a normal temp. What I mean by connection is internet, hows your ping in the games?

oh. lol my internet connection is fine, i usualy get a 50 or so ping. but it wouldn't be that ne way, b/c portals and episodes 1-2 aren't internet games >.<

Back
Top Bottom