slow bootup

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
My new build has recently decided to bootup extremely slow. It takes 45 seconds to load on the Windows XP screen, after that it will usually load fast after clicking my username. I think it may have something to do with something my brother installed on it... Either that or the overclocking I did on it. It can't be that it just needs a format and reinstall can it? XP has only been installed on it for about 2 months... When I first installed XP it was a lot faster, as it should be with the desktop in my sig... What might be the problem? I ran AVG, ccleaner, spybot, windows defender and uninstalled all my brother's sketchy programs. When overclocking it got to a point where it wouldn't even load Windows and I had to do a recovery, worked after that.

It's probably something to do with the bios, cheeck around theres some settings like fast start up skip check

You should start by looking at how many programs you have running in you task bar on start up, if you have to many applications that execute on windows boot then this would cause a big significance to your boot up time.
Turn some off from automatic start and only run them when necessary.

Only the essential programs start up in boot up as far as I know. I'll try looking at msconfig under startup and see what starts up there... and looking in the BIOS to see if I can find what you are talking about...

I think my brother just curses any comp he touches... His comp is slow, I have another system he was using for some gaming and it worked fine at first, then he used it and it got slow... He must be a secret hacker that downloads an undetectable virus to all PCs he uses.:p

Back
Top Bottom