Mobile Phones [Cell Phones] banned in classrooms

theres nothing wrong with taking them off the kids while they are in lessons.. they should also start moaning at them for using that stupid text lannguage in lessons too..

theres nothing wrong with taking them off the kids while they are in lessons.. they should also start moaning at them for using that stupid text lannguage in lessons too..
Hear hear, have you noticed, the members seem to have stopped using it on the forums, when I was a mod, I asked one to use plain English.

its just plain lazy using text language, especially when using a keyboard or a pen.

Meh - In my school, they have been banned for years.
I've just found out from Google what "meh" means, it's a shrug of the shoulders.
As for your school that's brilliant, but I guess not all of you agree, there weren't any at my school as they hadn't been invented, ha ha, & portable radios were the size of of two housebricks & they simply ate batteres.

I've just found out from Google what "meh" means, it's a shrug of the shoulders.
As for your school that's brilliant, but I guess not all of you agree, there weren't any at my school as they hadn't been invented, ha ha, & portable radios were the size of of two housebricks & they simply ate batteres.

Well, i can see your point about using a mobile phone in a classroom... that's just wrong. But if we are leavin school and a teacher see's us with a phone, they can take it off us! That's over the top, IMO.

They are banned at our school, but teachers hardly ever take them away if they go off. No one leaves them in lockers, things get stolen out of lockers somehow. But they are always on silent or vibrate. My friends was, and she had it in her back pocket, and the side button on the razr takes a picture when held and than pressed, and her phone still makes a noise when taking a picture, and it did that in class, and somehow she did it again on accident, and the teacher made her parents come in to get it back. Mine has never gone off, but if it ever does, I will just say it was my insulin pump or something, lol. I have had teachesr tell me to put my ipod away when they see my insulin pump. Next time they say that, I'll be like, sorry, I just like to listen to mymusic through my stomach or something like that, lol. Some teachers dont really care, like my friend was showing me pictures of something on her phone towards the end of class, and the teacher didnt care.

They're banned at our school. Teachers actually confiscate them and send them to the office. I think it's good that they're banned. Nothing is so important that you must use your phone in class, if it's important enough then your parents can contact the school and tell them it's in emergency.

They're banned at our school. Teachers actually confiscate them and send them to the office. I think it's good that they're banned. Nothing is so important that you must use your phone in class, if it's important enough then your parents can contact the school and tell them it's in emergency.
Good thinking!
good.gif

You'll do well in life with that attitude!
dirol.gif

I don't know of a school that allows cell phones at school. Not that many kids in my classes text that much, except my friend who text messages all the time.

Personally I think text messaging is stupid. I would rather wait after school to call them.

One rule I do think is ridiculous though, is the no electronics rule. I don't see why you can't listen to music on your MP3 player while working on the computer, or on class work for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom