well done HM Revenue & Customs...

Theyve managed to lose computer disks with the personal and confidential details of 15 MILLION people on them, and only now its being told to the public.

Link to BBC article...
Yeah I saw that, but they're not alone, banks all over the UK are putting out for waste paper collection customer's account details etc in black plastic bags, with the large profits they are making, you would have thought that they could afford a large industrial crosscut shredder at each branch wouldn't you??? :eek:

well not yet...but no it wont affect the US, just millions of people who's bank details, addresses and private information is on a "lost" and probably stolen CD

but this only applies to people who receive child benefits - so be careful when checking bank statements because you never know...]

edit: did i say 15 million? well somehow thats now 25 Million!!!!

heard about this earlier.. what a joke.. this government, and the crappy organisations they have are screwing us up..

though if i can find those disks i will be rich...

well find the disk and de-encrypt it....then sort through the 25 million names and addresses .........

well not yet...but no it wont affect the US, just millions of people who's bank details, addresses and private information is on a "lost" and probably stolen CD

but this only applies to people who receive child benefits - so be careful when checking bank statements because you never know...
Not only child benefits Bryn, my credit card details could be amongst the rubbish put out, now that IS dangerous!!

if it wasn't so hard to go through life without having to trust some nameless worker in some nameless place with personal information i wouldn't trust a soul (well...maybe a few other but..).

they might only be mistakes and not intentional but things like this and that shouldn't happen at all. If only my money box at home gave me interest... lol ;)

thats really bad. imagine if that did fall into the wrong hands. what kind of protection do you think that passwrod had and would iut be easily crackable maybe by brute force attack given time?

well it was probably encrypted to a degree....but i doubt very strongly since they wouldn't think they would loose it....god forbid if it gets in the hands of professional fraudsters :(

Back
Top Bottom