SATA HArdrives

ssc456

Fully Optimized
is it me or are sata cables really loose ?

i was unpugging my case fan the other day when i accidently knocked the cable and it didnt fall out of the hardrive but it did something that the computer didnt like coz the whole computer froze up and it sounded like the hardrive spun down then spun back up again,

i knocked the data cable not the power cable so has n e 1 else noticed this or is my cable not in correctly ?

well all of mine you have to press down on a small metal clip to take them out :confused: so maybe theyre not plugged in right

You can break the bottom of the plug if you're not careful with them. Makes them loose and virtually useless.

Yeah, I had this problem once, but it wasn't the data cable, it was the power cable. The data cable is clipped in on mine, so its pretty stable, but the power cable just slides out like its not even held in.

well all of mine you have to press down on a small metal clip to take them out :confused: so maybe theyre not plugged in right

hmm thats new to me ???

here exactly what my hardrive looks like
westerndigital_secure1.jpg

that isnt my hardrive but it looks exactly the same with the old molex power cable aswell,

I've never had a problem with sata cables fitting too loosely. Perhaps you should try another cable, your motherboard should have come with several.

my SATA cables snaps into my motherboard pretty good, dunno how it does into a drive though, dont own a SATA drive :rolleyes: i is poor

Yeah, mine go on pretty snugly, seems like there's a small snap, but nothing you have to yank on to pull it out. It comes off pretty easy, but it shouldn't just fall off like that.

oh.... ok hold on lemme get a pic of mine.....

*goes to take picture*

edit: ok heres the pic (sorry for the bad quality.....Santa's bringing a new camera ;) )

Picture is too big to have so just click this link :)

well i def dot have that, shud i have or is that only for some drives ?

it is rather loose on the motherboard aswell it just seems like it only connects with like 3mm worth of plastic that actually goes inside the cable if u not wot i mean, and it dont seem as rugged as the old IDE cables

Back
Top Bottom