Mobile Phones [Cell Phones] banned in classrooms

Brookfield

Golden Master
In England some schools are banning mobile phones [cell phones] from classrooms, they have to hand them in as they arrive in the morning then collect them at home time, the Head & all the teachers held meetings & it was agreed that the messaging & texting during class was not only off-putting to the pupils, but the teachers themselves found it disturbed the continuity of lessons [Source; BBC TV]
They saw their local MP's who raised the matter in Parliament, & got a "nod" from the powers that be, saying that it was a good idea.
What's the situation in other countries, are they allowed where you are?

im college...since were in a much smaller (40 people or so) building and we were allowed to use mobiles here, but then a few of the idiots amongst us were missusing them so now if were caught with a mobile thats switched on in class its the second and last dispciplinery stage :(

I don't see the problem, as long as people aren't using them in class...
That should be stopped, but the actual carrying of one in schools shouldn't.

I don't see the problem, as long as people aren't using them in class...
That should be stopped, but the actual carrying of one in schools shouldn't.
As I see it, they are doing it to stop temptation, one girl handed a phone in, then during lessons, used her second one to send texts.

I think its a bit excessive to take the phones of the pupils but I do understand why, because they are just going to use them. I would like to think that they would be trusted to turn them off, and not use them but thats not going to happen.

I couldn't live without my mobile but at the same time, I have placed a ban on the use of mobiles within my office. I don't mind them on, but in an open plan office, all the ring tones going off, it is really distracting. So I have said that they can use them but the mobiles need to be on silent also it decreases the productivity because some staff will always abuse it, as they spend ages nattering on personal calls.

As I see it, they are doing it to stop temptation, one girl handed a phone in, then during lessons, used her second one to send texts.

now thats smart i wish i had two phones, but my high school has had phones banned for a long time, but we never have to hand them in that is retarded.

We never have to hand them in that is retarded.
Not if you're teacher & a dozen pupils are texting & talking on phones, + the din of different ring tones, a young relative of mine couldn't stand it more & handed her notice in & now works as a sales assistant, a huge drop in salary, but at least she is enjoying better health now.
All over Britain there's big shortage of teachers, thousands are leaving the profession every year because of disruptive pupils, one school near me has no headmaster, he was attacked by a gang of fifth formers & died of a heart attack, they can't get a replacement, so the school with 500 pupils is run by three young teachers & six supply teachers, [temps] try & see it from the teachers point of view!

well we never talk on them we just text, and its funny because so kid got his phone taken away and right after that the teachers phone went off,

thats bad that all those teacher are leaving, from what it sounds its not such a good job over there

well we never talk on them we just text, and its funny because so kid got his phone taken away and right after that the teachers phone went off,

thats bad that all those teacher are leaving, from what it sounds its not such a good job over there
No it's not, so +1 for your wit & sympathy for our teachers :)

Back
Top Bottom