Extra cooling

blackjack

Fully Optimized
I'm in need of some ideas peeps, Ive been thinking of putting a case fan on the side panel of my PC for quite sometime now, I have one at the back already but don't think its working enough, I have been having this reoccurring problem for many years now where my computer runs fine then all of a sudden it starts resetting and quite often just hangs with the monitor not firing up, even the HDD sometimes, I'm thinking that its obviously a heat issue somewhere but Ive never sussed it out, I have reformatted tons. changed my graphics card twice,ram as well so I'm figuring its heat somewhere possibly my ram as I also get the blue screen saying You computer has been shut down due to hardware failure blah blah blah.
I'm sick and tired off blowing out my tower, taking the CPU FAN off and cleaning the HEATSINC only for this problem to continue so any ideas about the fan on the side panel would be very welcome.

are you using the fan/heatsink that came with the processor/computer?

Yes mate but my system is quite old now 6/7 years now, but it works OK generally like I'm using it now its just when its first switched on, it will freeze or reset and hang idle, then I go through the pain staking mess about of resetting it half a dozen times or switching it off at the mains as a last resort.
but then when it stabilizes its fine, Ive been on it for an hour already.

okie dokie just a few questions then

a) Is the fan on the back of the case blowing air in or out?

b) Do you have any fans in the front?

c) Are you bothered by the noise of fans :) ?

okie dokie just a few questions then

a) Is the fan on the back of the case blowing air in or out?

b) Do you have any fans in the front?

c) Are you bothered by the noise of fans :) ?

Q1 A. The fan at the back is blowing air in
Q2 A. No fans at the font th only fans are the CPU FAN and the one at the rear I installed 2 years ago.
Q3 A. They do sound a bit loud the CPU one anyway but I'm not to bothered about it, you tend to forget about it after a while.

ok well i'd reccomend having the fan at the back blowing air out, that as well with the power supply fan blowing air out would help reduce the amount of warm air inside rather than just blowing air in and then having warm air with nowhere to go, with the fan on the side (i assume would be blowing air out) what would most likely happen is the air being blown in from the back would immediately be sucked out by the fan at the side.

Having a fan at the front is entierly optional (not even possible in some cases) and would only give a boost to the air being sucked in from the front.

of course you could always splash out (no pun intended ;)) and go for water cooling :D

ok well i'd reccomend having the fan at the back blowing air out, that as well with the power supply fan blowing air out would help reduce the amount of warm air inside rather than just blowing air in and then having warm air with nowhere to go, with the fan on the side (i assume would be blowing air out) what would most likely happen is the air being blown in from the back would immediately be sucked out by the fan at the side.

Having a fan at the front is entierly optional (not even possible in some cases) and would only give a boost to the air being sucked in from the front.

of course you could always splash out (no pun intended ;)) and go for water cooling :D

Cheers IL turn the rear fan around and try it for a while as a front fan is not possible with my tower, if it still persists IL install a side fan (blowing out) as you said and try that, if that fails I'm going to buy a new computer as an upgrade is well over due although I like this one thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom