School is getting worse { rant }

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to finish highschool, get a job at the local bikeshop for 3 years untill I am 21, During which I will be saving up as much money as I can (hopefully at leaast 75 grand) Then, with that money, I will rent a large front in the main part of town and open up a lan cafe with 23 computers, and a back room which I will live in. I estimated that I will be making 50grand the first year, 100grand the second year, and 150 grand the 3rd year, and hopefully 200grand after that.

hahahahahhaha LOL kids and their wild imaginations :rolleyes:

yeah, no way in hell are you going to be making a sucessful bike shop w\o a college degree,
Where did he say he was making a bike shop? Did you even read his post?

honestly just look at the glass as half full. you'll quickly realize that changing your view on life will be a large boosting for your academic life. yes, schools give out dumbass assignments but after highschool no one will be holding your hand. you will have to do things by yourself with no help.

don't hate your life because you had some shit thrown at you. good example would be my case. my dad was arrested for bank robberies, his face on the cover of newsday (pretty popular newspaper in the states), his arresting on the news. how do you think i felt? i felt like shit. hes still in jail but i always looked on the bright side.

theres no point in hating life, because if you do then your a pussy. sorry for the strong wording but its needed. stop being afraid of responsibilities and just take them...this isn't intended to you lol i'm just generally saying :D

we have a teacher like that. but I have the best English teacher ever. If that teacher starts to really get on anyones nerves, 30 minutes after school for a week with the English teacher will fix the problem.....

this is the first year ever that i have actually enjoyed or english teacher, he is even into computers :). coming to think about it were alike in a lot of ways, computers, were fairly lazy and his\my grades suffer from that, and he likes to tease people :p

this is the first year ever that i have actually enjoyed or english teacher, he is even into computers :). coming to think about it were alike in a lot of ways, computers, were fairly lazy and his\my grades suffer from that, and he likes to tease people :p

I had alot of good teachers, one that was into computers. Had a great english teacher too. I'll make a post about them.

Media Arts Teacher - Really cool teacher, she was the one with all the mac's that I setup and networked for her. Really great person, knew her well.

Liberian - He was in charge of computers for the school, didn't know much about computers. Really cool person, let us get away with alot and even came to my friends going away party. His son wanted me, and was kinda awkward a bit.

Commtech / History teacher - Taught me in grade 10, than when i switched schools in grade 11 he switched schools at the same time as me.

I also had a shop teacher that got high at lunch, and a different media arts teacher that disappeared during class to get high. And one teacher who was quite sexually interested in the young females of the school.

Damn, you gota go to school. How old are you? Lol. I'm 14 and I keep cutting school and I wish I could stay in school. It really doesn't help, but for some stupid reason you can't get far without a highschool education unless you are smart like me. My plan is to finish highschool, get a job at the local bikeshop for 3 years untill I am 21, During which I will be saving up as much money as I can (hopefully at leaast 75 grand) Then, with that money, I will rent a large front in the main part of town and open up a lan cafe with 23 computers, and a back room which I will live in. I estimated that I will be making 50grand the first year, 100grand the second year, and 150 grand the 3rd year, and hopefully 200grand after that. Basically when I am about 30 years old, I will buy a home in the suburbs, have a wife and children. That's my whole life plan, all in one small post on computerforums.org.

Basically, if you don't want to go to college, you might as well think of some way to start your own business.
Making 25 grand on your first year working? Good luck with that. What are you going to do at college that will make your cafe successful? Learn how to overcharge people yet still get people in your cafe everyday? Suuuuuuuuureeeee.

Making 25 grand on your first year working? Good luck with that. What are you going to do at college that will make your cafe successful? Learn how to overcharge people yet still get people in your cafe everyday? Suuuuuuuuureeeee.

I dont believe he said he was going to college, said he was going to work in the local bikeshop after highschool, and save 75 grand in the first 3 years...

Actually he would have to net 25 grand a year. So he would have to clear roughly 36K to net 25. And to assume he is going to bank 25k a year he is either going to need to live at home and have his parents that pay all his bills and give him money otherwise he is going to need money to live on.

36K a year / 52 weeks = $692.30 per week / 40 hours = $17.30 hr. Damn good paying bike shop! TFF

He's just a 14 year old kid with a dream and only thinking of the success. Not thinking of the steps to make it actually happen. Or the real costs of living and all the expense's of start up costs etc etc etc.

By no means am I putting him down. If he has some type of dream by all means go forth. But be realistic in your approach. I think when he gets a few years older and gets a few responsibilitys he will soon realize the value of the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom