Phenom Review

a detailed review on the phenom by toms hardware :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/19/the_spider_weaves_its_web/

enjoy

EDIT:
im not even half way and im pretty impressed, the performance isnt great but the pricing is, and there doing what intel has not dared to do. that is unlock the multipliers :D. with a utility made by AMD you can change the multipliers in windows, and set them for each core individually!! so if you want to run a single core game, you can just OC a single core to play it a bit faster in windows! this is even official AMD software :D its call OverDrive. you can even change the HT multiplier.

here is the best part. overclocking for the masses. even on a prefab motherboard you should be able to run this utlity
Tomshardware said:
With its overclocking utility, AMD is setting a new standard. This tool should work with every motherboard, regardless of the manufacturer, since it communicates directly with the processor.

LOL they finally release a quad core and its slower then Intels current line up. Not to mention the new Intels are comming out shortly.

The only thing thats neat is the ability to overclock which cores you want. Although I really don't see it as much of a advantage unless your playing a single threaded game and you can get a higher overclock by just doing 1 core.

I think were going to start seeing more unlocked multipliers. Overclocking is no longer a dark art. Thats all you see in mainstream catalogs are tutorials on overclocking etc.

intel has\will never unlock there multipliers, and there only slightly slower, they also look much more power efficient, which seems to be an interesting segment of the market. there also cheaper, wish is a big problem for intel, since most people cant afford the Q6600 at all right now, people will buy the cheaper amd systems because they can upgrade much easier :)

Its very promising by the sounds of it :) The fact they are the same but just different clock speeds will make people want to buy the lower 9500, and simply overclock to 3.0GHZ which seems possible without raising voltage from the test.

It may be worth waiting until 2008 though for the bug fix, and lower 45nm scale to come into play.

One thing that made me wince was the fact that tri-cores will basically be the quad core, with a damaged core switched off due to production problems. Thats like, "what?!", haha.

You'll see people trying to unlock the last one, hoping it'll work I bet.

i wish intel would just unlock all there multipliers and give us some great programs like amd =[
but oh well id rather have the better intel and have to overclock harder

lol the tri-cores are the same thing as there quad cores but one of the cores is "de-activated".

I'm sure people are eventually going to figure out how to activate it and get a quad core with the price of a tri core..

Yeah, but they are de-activated for a reason.
Most if not all, of the tri-cores if re-activated will have issues, since it was turned off because of a manufacturing defect.

I'd definetly buy this over any other Intel out there, AMD proccesors are always the bigger bang for the buck. You cant argue with that.

Back
Top Bottom