Crysis MAX 1920x1200

my brother is planning on building a new high-end system, and i was wondering if it will play crysis on max settings at 1920x1200?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9700
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35
8GB G.SKILL DDR2800 memory
500GB Seagate SATA II Drive
2x EVGA 8800GT Overclocked (SLI)

will the memory bottleneck the CPU?

dam lot of money?
id recomend the nvidia 680i mb a1 version perfect for sli
id just get the intel core 2 quad 300 bucks same cpu
just need to overclock it
and the memory wont also long as you overclock

my brother is planning on building a new high-end system, and i was wondering if it will play crysis on max settings at 1920x1200?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9700
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35
8GB G.SKILL DDR2800 memory
500GB Seagate SATA II Drive
2x EVGA 8800GT Overclocked (SLI)

will the memory bottleneck the CPU?

Nope, it won't

Well, first off, I better point out that the IP-35 PRO is not SLI, but instead, Crossfire compatable, and not at full speed at that.
So getting two Nvidia SLI cards and placing them in there will not do anything what so ever.

8GB's of RAM is overkill, and Crysis won't even use that amount, and heck, even Windows wouldn't use that amount.

The CPU is overkill also, as you could get a Q6600, and simply overclock it, very easily indeed.

the graphics cards can't simply process crysis at Ultra high settings

gamespot hardware performance guide said:
We put together a few sample systems to show how the game performs using real-world computers put together with parts from past hardware generations. Our slowest machine, a 3.0GHz Pentium 4 paired with a GeForce 6800, barely managed to run the game at the lowest settings. Our single-core AMD Athlon 64 4000+ paired with a Radeon X1650 XT performed adequately at low resolution with medium-quality settings. The dual-core Athlon 64 FX-60 paired with the Radeon X1900 XT 256MB managed to run the game with high quality settings at somewhat playable frame rates. Our Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB system could run the game at high quality, but we had to reduce the screen resolution to boost frame rates. Our best dual-core rig, the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz and GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB setup, managed to run the game decently at 1600x1200 with high-quality settings.

more gamespot said:
Our GeForce 8800 GTX barely managed to run the Crysis GPU benchmark with a playable level of performance at 1600x1200 with high quality settings. If you have a high-resolution LCD monitor, prepare to play at lower, nonnative resolutions or reduce the graphics quality settings down to medium or low. You'll likely need a dual-card setup to get the game running well at high resolution with good image quality. The only problem with dual-card systems is that many games either don't support multiple video cards or have mediocre support on release day. Our GeForce 8800 GTX SLI setup managed to put up impressive numbers, but our ATI CrossFire setups crashed the game. We expect multicard support to improve in the coming weeks.

nothing can fully max crysis in DX10 above 1024x768. i think a 8800GTX at 1024x768 would be able to max it, when i benched it with my GTS i got a minimum FPS of 9, you need to get a MIN of ~18 for it to be playable. that was in vista ultimate 32 bit.

Back
Top Bottom