HD 3870 or 8800GT?

That's gonna be the selling point, it performs really good for a very reasonable price.

I changed my mind... again, 'cause I found some GTs in stock. Does it really matter what brand I get? They're all the same aren't they? Apart from warrantys, backup etc. Will every stock one be the same as the BFG OC'ed one I was going to get if I just OC it a bit.

The differences between manufacturers will be very minimal. Occasionally manufacturers alter clock speeds and coolers. Other then that...

EVGA have an excellent upgrade system which could save you money when the 9 series comes out early next year. I suggest buying one of them.

a 10fps difference would basically almost make the ATI card as good as the 8800GTS, and not the newer GT

As for this EVGA thing, is it only for US customers? I heard something about it not being available in the UK, and its also only available for 90 days?

"The EVGA Step-upâ„¢ Program is limited to residents of the Continental US, Canada and Europe only."

From EVGA website

Got an XFX stock speeds (I'll OC myself) as I couldn't find an EVGA one. Arriving wednesday, if it doesn't come I'm gonna be so mad! BTW I think it's safe to reveal where I got it from. They've got all the XFX versions at Scan.co.uk and a few others at Aria.co.uk. Be quick!

Back
Top Bottom