The official crysis thread!

he could get 60+ at medium settings @ 1280x1024 thats about it though. the game is much more demanding than people think, and the full version doesnt perform much better than the demo

just set your resoultion lower in the game, your monitor should adjust to it, might have to do it manually though.

yeah but my native resolution is 1920x1200. ive been running at 1680x1050 but the lower i go the more fuzzy it looks

edit: what sepcs does nasha have?

Kage says he is able to run it at 18-25 FPS at the resoultion with a GTS, Q6600 (doesnt matter, the multi threading in crysis is a POS anyways), 2gb ram and in DX9.

google some things see if you can run it in DX9 while your in Vista, DX10 just slows everything down for no reason whatsoever.

lol, remember when all of us were like "DX10 p00ns DX9, DX9 graphx r teh sUx!! dX10 iz l33T!!) lol, no were like DX10 = POS

Gdamn, his PC is a beast!!! I'd say at least 40+ fps. He's running Windows Vista x64 too!!! I may give that a try on my next build.

I'm downloading the Crysis demo again since I had to reformat. It's speedy right now because the hype over the demo is over with and the server isn't taking too much of a hit, hehe. I got 100MB downloaded already in less than a few minutes. Still have tons to go since it's a 1.77GB file :p.

Running vista isn't exactly a performance advantage ya know.. benchmarks pretty much always show vista being behind xp.

At the request of Rudster i'll be doing a detailed comparision of performance on both DX9 and DX10 with screen comparisions, benchs etc. Look for it late tuesday night or wednesday morning. I may also include Aero enabled vs Aero disabled in Vista and possibly 32bit vs 64bit to see if there is a performance boost there as well to close the gap.

Nice :)

I might do one with the Direct X 9 hack for XP to make it show DX 10 effects. I was planning on turning each setting on individually, showing FPS differences, and what to turn on/off for the best visual vs speed showing.

I do agree about the game though. It takes many hits sometimes to kill an enemy, even with a shotgun, and it just wouldn't happen :p Gets me frustrated sometimes, when I die because too many are shooting at once, and yet, one won't die.

AI can be a bit weird sometimes too. I've had no cloak on at one point, and yet, they've ran straight passed me, and then turned around 5 seconds later when they'd already be dead, to aim and fire.

I saw this though. Promising huh?:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49970

Ive just spoken to my good friend 99nasha just a few seconds ago.

He's running the game at 1280x960 res, very high everything except shadows (medium). He's getting smooth framerates all the time except during really intense firefights where he gets occasional slowdown.

Hes obviously to lazy to reply to his own thread so ill do it for him!

I don't mind the odd slowdown, which is why I have it on High at 1680x1050 with a couple of Direct X 10 effects in Windows XP switched on. For instance, object detail (they don't just pop there in full detail when you get close) and particles ( a lot more smoke, etc)

I'm gonna wait for a decently priced video card that can max this game out, then I'll get it. I mean honestly, I'm not playing Crysis for the gameplay, so what's the point if I'm only gonna be running it on medium settings?

Gdamn, his PC is a beast!!! I'd say at least 40+ fps. He's running Windows Vista x64 too!!! I may give that a try on my next build.

I'm downloading the Crysis demo again since I had to reformat. It's speedy right now because the hype over the demo is over with and the server isn't taking too much of a hit, hehe. I got 100MB downloaded already in less than a few minutes. Still have tons to go since it's a 1.77GB file :p.

Im running mine at 1280, on very high everything (except shadows). Im getting 25fps most of the time.

But on the last level, where its REALLY demanding. I was getting like 1 FPS!!!!

Ive just spoken to my good friend 99nasha just a few seconds ago.

He's running the game at 1280x960 res, very high everything except shadows (medium). He's getting smooth framerates all the time except during really intense firefights where he gets occasional slowdown.

Hes obviously to lazy to reply to his own thread so ill do it for him!

And I just read that! Shut your face :D

Back
Top Bottom