crazy ass random facts thread

the reason it seems longer to go somewhere is becuase you are anxious to get there (or dreading it) and on the way back you are not anxious/dreading your destination, so you are more easily pre occupied.

Fact: (Don't know if this has been posted before or not)
You always miss something more when its gone

Unfortunately that's pretty true for me, which is why I am such a pack rat. I never use it when I have it, but don't want to get rid of it. After a while I forget all about it though...:p

Rubber314Chicken, I believe the reason (heard it somewhere) is because you are memorising the trip as you are going there in your brain, making new information.
When you are coming back, your brain has nothing more to learn about its destination, so time seems to pass quicker.

I believe thats why when you get older, time goes quicker, so infact, it is actually a very good decision to move away somewhere else when you get to the middle ground.

Rubber314Chicken, I believe the reason (heard it somewhere) is because you are memorising the trip as you are going there in your brain, making new information.
When you are coming back, your brain has nothing more to learn about its destination, so time seems to pass quicker.

I've taken the trip to work and back a million times, it's still too long to get home...too short a drive going there...

Thats the opposite of whats been said :p
Do you enjoy work more than you do at home? Or maybe it is about nerves, etc so he may be right.
I don't honestly know.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
DATA SHEET

ANALYSIS
Element: Woman
Symbol:

Discoverer: Adam
Atomic Mass: Accepted as 55kg, but known to vary from 45kg to 225kg
Occurrence: Found in large quantities in urban areas with trace elements in outlying regions

Physical Properties
1. Surface normally covered with film of powder and paint.
2. Boils at absolutely nothing, freezes for no apparent reason.
3. Melts if given special treatment.
4. Bitter if used incorrectly.
5. Found in various grades ranging from virgin material to common ore.
6. Yields to pressure if expertly applied.

Chemical Properties
1. Affinity to gold, silver, platinum and all precious stones.
2. Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances.
3. Explodes spontaneously without reason or warning.
4. Greatly increased activity when saturated with alcohol.
5. The most powerful money reducing agent known to man.

Common Use
1. Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars.
2. Can be a great aid to relaxation.
3. Can be a very effective cleaning agent.

Tests
1. Pure specimens turn bright pink when found in their natural state.
2. Turns green when placed alongside a superior specimen.

Hazards:
1. Highly dangerous except in experienced hands.
2. Illegal to possess more than one, although several can be maintained at different locations as long as specimens do not come in direct contact with each other

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Ingesting small doses of ink over an extended period of time will change your eye color slightly.

here is a cool fact i learned from the tonight show

dog fighting is more popular than soccer (i think that might just be in america or maby the whole world)

Back
Top Bottom