GF's camera causes me pain.

Joe_K

Beta member
My monitor has went dark.
I took some pics with my gf's camera the other day. I wanted to edit some of the pics on my Gateway laptop w/vista. The pictures were stored on this 2 gig SanDisk with I inserted into my computer and uploaded from. Suddenly, my monitor went dark. I waited for a moment or so then took the SanDisk out. The monitor brightened up again. That was yesterday. Today the computer monitor is VERY dim when I start it up. After about 20 minutes I can sort of 'jostle' the computer and the monitor will flicker, then eventually stay on-- Similar to moving your tv antenna around in order to get a signal. Interestingly, when the monitor finally does brighten up, the dimmer/brightness controls work properly.

Do I have a virus, or is there a physical problem with my computer?

*The computer is no longer under warranty.
*My gf has never used the SanDisk on her computer before...she connects through her USB (smart girl).

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in!!

Lol dude it's the wrong forum. Also it's just that gateway is fucking SHIT I have a gateway, and 1 month after warranty ends, the backlight died out. Fucking shit.

Another helpful post by Juice. :rolleyes:

Yea, it's in the wrong forum. No biggie. Is your monitor doing this while running off the battery or when it's plugged into the wall power brick?

Moved to the right forum.

I know this might sound stupid, but have you dropped/hit your laptop in any way in the past week or so?

Back
Top Bottom