This is my new computer

Nice with what you have there :)

I agree on the motherboard completly, as I have it on this build I'm running off now, with an overclocked Core 2 Quad, running at 3.2ghz, though its capable of reaching 3.6ghz rather easily too.

CPU is also rather nice, and can't really say anything bad about the RAM/hard drive or DVD drive.

Rosewill I've heard are okay, so that power supply shouldn't give you any issues either.

What is the video card you'll be running with?

I haven't tried the onboard sound on the motherboard, but it should be sufficent.

Thanks, this really makes me feel better, reassures me :) ha

I'll be starting it off with my Geforce 7600 GT, but by christmas I'll be upgrading that to an 8800 GT

Yeah, the 8800GT is a very nice card indeed.
Beats my 8800GTS 640 which I spent double on a few months ago :(

After christmas, they'll be releasing the newer 8800GTS I presume, which will probably beat the GTX too.

If you can afford a Q6600, these are a very nice investment, and offer 4 cores for games in the future :p

Well, I was thinkin about a Quad core, I just didn't know if it was worth it right now. I'll definitely look in to it. I'm not a big spender as I'm just going into college, so I'm trying to keep the price down as much as possible, but still come away with a good computer.

The Q6600 is around $270 depends on where you get it. It's not bad at all compared to when they first came out ($600+). So it's a huge drop in price already. But if you must, a regular dual core is still nice to have around. The Intel E6600 and up are all favorites.

Back
Top Bottom