PC Failing...

faint545

Solid State Member
A few months ago I finished this build finally, and now it's showing some problems. I've had more than a month to figure the problem and I still can't put my finger on it. I have an idea which I hope is correct. Lately the PC has been shutting off unexpectedly. It's as though the power has been unplugged or the switch has been flipped to off, just instant power loss. I've already replaced the PSU once. The original was a Thermaltake and the replacement is a Thermaltake. I thought "well if it is the PSU, I don't think that I would get another faulty part." and well when I got the replacement, signs of the same problem was showing again. Now I'm looking forward to getting a Corsair 620W PSU. If anyone has any other idea as to what it is, please tell me. thank you in advance.

What are the CPU temperatures like? It could be shutting down due to overheating.

Are you doing anything when it shuts down, or does it shut down while idle too?

The shutting down is probably due to overheating. Take the case open and try to make room so the fan can breathe. Also, might want to clean the dust out of the fans. The computers at my local library do that. They are Dell optiplex(I think that's what it's called). Also, could be from a virus, but doubtful.

CPU temps are between 20 - 35C

Also, I haven't run into a situation where it shuts down when its idle..

Those temps are just fine. Hmm...

What are you doing with the computer when it shuts down?

Have your tried running Memtest86+ to rule out a memory problem?

the memory test came out with out any errors... could other components on the MB cause the PC to do this, such as chipsets?

Back
Top Bottom