Screen Res??? HELP

DoubleAA

Baseband Member
For my screen res it is 800 by 600 pixels but i want it to be 1024 by 768 when i change this black rims come around the screen and a slight curve to the left and right so thus makes the icons and other stuff smaller that what the real res should be. This is with my new Dell monitor. With my other one it was in 1024 by 768 and was beautiful but the bulb was wearing out (DARK).

-Please Give Me A Explanation :confused:

What Dell monitor are you using? Have you tried increasing the screen refresh rate to something in the 70 - 75 Hertz range?

I dont know how to do the 70 - 75 Hertz range

But the modle # is: e772c dell computer

IMAGES
kzbtqan0zg.jpg

front_small.jpg

Some images i found

OK. That's a 17" and it's optimal resolution is 1024 x 768 at 75 Hz.

To change your screen refresh rate, right-click in a blank area of the desktop, then click on Properties > Settings tab > Advanced > Monitor tab. There you should be able to select the screen refresh rate in the drop down menu.

Do you still have the "black rims and slight curves"? That can be adjusted with the monitor controls located on the front of the monitor.

If the font sizes are too small, you can adjust them in the same way as the screen rate. You want to adjust the DPI setting on the General tab under the advanced settings.

With the PC you;ll buy, it comes with abn LCD screen, so the resolution size problem will be gone. That'sa the problem with CRTs.

Back
Top Bottom