Two Questions???????

coolfella

In Runtime
Hey peeps, I Want to know the answers for these two questions.

Q1:I have a 120GB Hard Drive and i want to put another 500Gb HDD, Can i use the new hdd with the same letter as the first one(C), Which means tht i dnt want two separate letters for each HDD, I want to use all two hdd as one,Is tht possible and how.

Q2: I have a HP Pavillion a6130n, It Have This CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+) when the new quar core processors for AMD come out can i use tem on this computer or i have to buy a new mobo.

Thanks for all replys.

EDITED:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is RAID and If i update the bios on the mobo can i put the quad-cores on it

1. No, that's not really possible with two completely different hard drives like that.

2. You'll most likely have to get a new motherboard. The stock motherboards from Dell, HP, etc usually don't have many features.

Q1. - No you'll have to use separate drive letters for each drive.

Q2. - I'm not sure. It really depends on the type of socket the quad core AMD chips will use.

RAID is Redundant Array of Independent (or Inexpensive) Disks. It basically uses multiple hard drives to speed up data transfer and provides data backup. You can only use drives of the same speed and capacity in a RAID setup.

Here's a good read from PCStats: What is RAID. :D

Hey peeps, I Want to know the answers for these two questions.

Q1:I have a 120GB Hard Drive and i want to put another 500Gb HDD, Can i use the new hdd with the same letter as the first one(C), Which means tht i dnt want two separate letters for each HDD, I want to use all two hdd as one,Is tht possible and how.

Q2: I have a HP Pavillion a6130n, It Have This CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+) when the new quar core processors for AMD come out can i use tem on this computer or i have to buy a new mobo.

Thanks for all replys.

EDITED:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is RAID and If i update the bios on the mobo can i put the quad-cores on it
1- You can't do that wit htwo different drives, however, you can combine two same model and size drives for a RAID configuration. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks. That allows to combine two drives into one big drive.

2-That depends on your chipset. You might need a BIOS flash too.

1. No, that's not really possible with two completely different hard drives like that.

2. You'll most likely have to get a new motherboard. The stock motherboards from Dell, HP, etc usually don't have many features.
You'll be suprised that the brandd PCs can hold a lot of power, without these features.

Back
Top Bottom