what does frame rate actualy do? theres no game section.

The frame rate is the number of frames or images that are projected or displayed per second. The higher the number of frames playing per second, the smoother the video playback appears. Lower rates result in a choppy playback.

Frame rate for motion pictures is 24 frames per second and, for television, 30 frames per second.

Here's a good explanation from Wikipedia: Frame rates in video games. :D

In the UK, its 25fps PAL for TV also.
In NTSC (for you Americans :p), its 29.97fps.

I do believe the eye can see more than 30fps. I can see 60fps differences.

Games are starting to use motion blur on PC computer games now, which make lower frame rates seem smoother, since what motion blurring does, is fills in gaps in the frames for you.

I do believe the eye can see more than 30fps. I can see 60fps differences.

definitely. For example the difference between 75hz and 85hz is something I can notice pretty easily.

And as for which is a good fps, it depends on the game. 20 fps is fine for stuff like strategy games. First person shooters usually require the highest fps, usually you would want 40+ fps so that the game would look smooth.

Or in Crysis's sake, a low of 14fps will do just fine :p Haha...poor poor video card :(

No, CRT's don't have any.
LCD's used to suffer from it really badly when they first arrived, but with the new ones having 5ms-2ms responses, you don't see it anymore.

If you do have an old LCD lying around though, turn off in game motion blur, and just use the monitors ghosting instead :D
*Joke*

Our eyes can actually see over 200 FPS. The human eye is more advanced than the most expensive visual technology around today.

Yes it does, as long as you put the Post Processing up high enough.
Its easily noticeable on High, but on Medium, there isn't or isn't hardly any motion blur when you move the mouse around.

Yeah, cabbspapp, for instance, our eyes can focus near and far easily, with the blink of an eye as it were. It takes a lot longer for a camera to do the same thing, and actually focus on an object, and definietly won't focus on just that object like our eyes do.

Back
Top Bottom