Wow WTF Microsoft

Juice1

Fully Optimized
So today I update my GPU drivers and I get a thing saying that I have changed too much hardware and I need to type in a new key by 3 days? WTF is this shit! I changed my video card that's the only freaking thing since i built the comp that I have changed. WTF man. I have to dish out another one of my small amount of remaining XP keys just because I changed my video card. Damn a key costs more then the freaking video card its so fucking dope

Updating the drivers shouldn't have affected the hash numbers. Nor just changing one item. Is it possible some one else has the key you're using?

Nope, I never shared it. Bought it and it has been in a safe place the whole time.

You don't need a new key. You'll just need to activate XP. You can either do it online or over the phone.

I overclocked my system a lot, then booted into my account and it said I needed to reactivate XP. I just reactivated my current key, didn't have to input a new one.

It's a reactivation you need, not a new key. Personally though...drivers shouldn't of make that happen. I had an entire new system and I transfered my HDD. It didn't even prompt me to do so...and I have everything but the HDD upgraded.

I did reenter the key and it said the amount of times the key can be used has been exceded

You need to call up the toll free number. You will get an activation code on your screen that you will then enter into the phone to get a new activation key. It's quite painless and only takes about 5 or 6 minutes on the phone. best of all, it costs you absolutely nothing. I've had to do this many times with my XP systems.

QFT, painless to do but a pain in the butt to have to do.

Vista is as bad if not worse I'm informed, oh yay :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom