Dell Laptop Help

Juice1

Fully Optimized
OK i'm working on a dell lappy and I got XP installed on it already, it has no audio now. I tried to install drivers but it wanted to go on the internet to get them, and I can't get the wireless to work. It says theres no wireless card installed. Help?

The network drivers are usually packed with their Drivers disc. You'll have to pull it off of those discs first. Unless you have another PC you can use to download the latest drivers, you're stuck with what you have on those CDs they gave you.

The network drivers are usually packed with their Drivers disc. You'll have to pull it off of those discs first. Unless you have another PC you can use to download the latest drivers, you're stuck with what you have on those CDs they gave you.
Well i'm on my desktop right now ofcourse, can I use the drivers for any dell? I might have a dell utilities and drivers disc for a dell dimension desktop computer.

I'm pretty sure the drivers are different for the laptop version so it might not work. What I would do is go to dell.com from the computer you're using right now (to come on here to CF) and look up your laptop model (Service Tag) to get the wireless drivers. Then download it onto your flash drive. Plug it into your Dell laptop and install it from there.

Damn, that's a lot!!!!! It looks like there's two different WLAN cards for your laptop. Look at the ones marked "Urgent". I would just try each one until it works :p. There's the TruMobile version and the regular Dell one. Try the first Dell one first. I don't know the exact specs of the laptop, but one of those should work.

Ah the imfamous Broadcom. I have that in my HP. There should be one or two of the Broadcom drivers to select from. Run Belarc or Everest to get the chip number and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom