cpu temp too high?

For a HSF recommendation, I am getting this one soon http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150033 for my 2 P4 systems. It's got good reviews and it's copper. Probably one of the best for it's price ($20). I can let you know how it works out in a couple of days when I get them. I'll be using AS5, not the stuff it comes with. Both of my P4's are 2.8GHz Prescotts.

i have a question, would a thermaltake big typhoon work with a asus p4p800 E deluxe and will i still get good temps without lapping it?

Tell you what. I've got the same CPU myself and It ran 36C idle. I had 9 fans and a generic heatsink/fan. I'd personally recommend you to get a generic heatsink/fan that spins in the 4k range. Now, that CPU sits in my SFF and under load doesn't get higher than 57C...which I find too high compared to 50C.

Reviews on it are good. I'm just not willing to spend that much money on a HSF for my P4 system now that I got a C2D.

Tell you what. I've got the same CPU myself and It ran 36C idle. I had 9 fans and a generic heatsink/fan. I'd personally recommend you to get a generic heatsink/fan that spins in the 4k range. Now, that CPU sits in my SFF and under load doesn't get higher than 57C...which I find too high compared to 50C.

Don't get a generic one, I got a stock HSF on my Prescotts and they both got not so great temps.

what do you recommend?
I'm a bit of a Zalman fan boy I'm afraid. I have a CNPS7700-AlCu on my P4C800E Deluxe board, (granted it is a Northwood core so runs cooler than the Prescott, it idles at 33°C)

I'm sure the CNPS7700-Cu would improve your temps.

I'm a bit of a Zalman fan boy I'm afraid. I have a CNPS7700-AlCu on my P4C800E Deluxe board, (granted it is a Northwood core so runs cooler than the Prescott, it idles at 33°C)

I'm sure the CNPS7700-Cu would improve your temps.

i just got an antec one from circuitcity and now its going at around 45 idle and around 51-53 load

a true folder was helping me with my problem yesterday too, so he knows my story, but i was havin a problem with the stock 4 pin and ended up gettin the zalman.(thats what i wanted from eharing from other people, not just folder) i was having problems cause i had temps in like 70's now idle on regular processor is like 20-30 and processor cores 1 and 2 are on 10 idle and maybe 30's under game playing. i would recommend it from what i saw.

a true folder was helping me with my problem yesterday too, so he knows my story, but i was havin a problem with the stock 4 pin and ended up gettin the zalman.(thats what i wanted from eharing from other people, not just folder) i was having problems cause i had temps in like 70's now idle on regular processor is like 20-30 and processor cores 1 and 2 are on 10 idle and maybe 30's under game playing. i would recommend it from what i saw.

well since i have limits to how much i can spend, i cant really get a zalman, instead i just got an antec one and its going from high30s to low 40s idle and 45-50 on load( which is good enough for me)

heres an update, im wondering if the cable management is good or no?

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom