wtf is with these cops?

We do have Quotas we have to meet, But that doesn't mean breaking the law and issuing false citations to get there. I will admit, I do work with a few corrupt LEO's, But that goes with any place of Business, It's just unfortunate Innocent people are the ones that get punished in this line.

If I pull you over for a Traffic violation, Expired/No Tags, Etc, Etc, I usually won't issue or add a citation for No seatbelt Unless the person feels they want to not cooperate or be a smart-ass.

But it really depends on the situation...If someones speeding or driving wreckless with kids in the car with no seatbelt, It's a safe bet I'm issuing a citation.

the first example sounds like he didn't have it on and just doesn't know how the cop spotted it...if you take the time to look around at other drivers, it's pretty easy to start spotting people not wearing them cause you can see the seatbelt just hanging there,,,even from far away....he should have had it on and he wouldn't have got pulled over....i dont' know about the second deal..i just don't see it happening like that but you never know.

No, he had no point in lying to us. It happened to 2 of my friends. The 2 dont know who each other are, so its not some made up story between them. He would no have lied to us about the story. No point, you do it to parents or teachers, but friends, it doesnt matter how stupid you may sound you usually never lie. If you got pulled over doing 109 like one of my friends did, he wouldnt tell his parents it was 109 unless he had to, but when he tells his friends, you hear the whole thing, were he was going 125mph slowed when he saw the cop and got pulled over at 109. Cop than proceeded to give him a ticket for only 74. But he would tell his friends the whole thing, but no one else.

I've been pulled over by nice cops overall, that means I got nothing bad out of it...

I was going 50 in 35 zone, 500 feet from my driveway...cop comes over the hill... I pull in my driveway, he is turning around. I decide stupidly that I might as well open the gate since they haven't pulled in the drveway yet since I pretty much know I'm caught... I get back to my car about the time they pull in and I sit with my door open. I get a warning, but the process took forever. He did nothing about me getting out, having the door open, or even not having my seatbelt on. He did take my insurance card, then leave it in his car, so he had to go get it again...

The second time, the guy passes me, doesn't turn around or anything, about 3 miles down the road he's right behind me with his overheads on... I'm not speeding, so I don't know what's going on. I stop and he comes over and looks at my stickers and finds that he misread my stickers 3 miles back. He lets me go. The thing I have always wondered is what took him so long to get turned around and stop me... He could probably have got me for speeding b/c he asked me if I was in a hurry b/c it took him awhile to catch up to me...well yeah...it took you awhile to turn around... He was also about a 1/2 mile out of his city boundaries when he stopped me, lol.

That would really make the rest of my day bad if I was ticketed for something I didn't do. I would have to pay for it, it would raise my insurance probably, and it would anger my dad.

Back
Top Bottom