Virus! Help!!

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
ok heres the problem, my brothers PC has a virus in the Windows Restore files (3 viruses!) but the anti virus isn't able to delete them...is there any way to manually remove the viruses even if it involves deleting the restore files?!

please help!! :(

edit: the anti virus hasn't given the exact location either, just says somewhere in the restore files..

antivirus is Bullguard 2006 and its doesnt give any details about the virus other than its in the system restore and cant be deleted by bullguard :confused:

You could try turning your system restore off to reset it then turn it back on rescan it to see its still there.

well i did think about deleting the system restore files and then after the virus is gone making a new restore point... but i don't know how to do that :confused:

thanks for the suggestions

well i did think about deleting the system restore files and then after the virus is gone making a new restore point... but i don't know how to do that :confused:

thanks for the suggestions

If the virus is only in the restore file then restting it will hopefully remove it.

Turning off System restore will remove the infected files

Which os is he using??

EDIT: Assuming XP Pro

Start > All Programmes > Accessories > System tools > System Restore > System Restore Settings > Select the drive > turn off System Restore

Don't forget to turn it back on

hes using xp media center ed, and the restore has been disabled and hes doing a virus scan of the restore partition, but is there any other place he should scan in particular?

thanks everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom