Decided To Write Something Again(mature)

BF2player

BSOD
Don't flame me for this because you disagree. Just writing something I've observed over time.

Seems Like I Try So Hard
To Be What You Want Me To Be
But, I'll Never Be Good Enough
I Try My Hardest To Please You
It's Never Enough
It Will Never Be Enough

Some Friends Say To Put Your Trust In God
God Hasn't Been There For Me
I Think He's Totally Forgotten About Me
When I Was Abused, Did He Come Around?
When I Prayed For Him Not To Take My Family
He Didn't Answer

I Used To Pray Everyday For Him To Help Me
It Was Never Answered
I Stopped Praying
He Wants To Give Up On Me, That's Fine
I'll Give Up On Him
He Obviously Doesn't Care About Me

How Can A Good God Allow All The Tradegy's Of Today's World Happen
We Got Kids With Cancer
They'll Never Have A Chance To Truely Live
We Got The Poor Who Struggle To Survive
Born With Nothing, Going To Die With Nothing

Then We Have These Rich Motherfuckers
Have Millions Of Dollars For Being Decietful
No Care For Anyone But Themselves
Yet, They Have A Great Life
Doesn't God Preach Against This
Where Is He To Punish These People
Seems Like He Only Wants To Punish Me
No Care For Anyone But Themselves

I'm A Good Person
And Look Where It's Gotten Me
I Used To Smile
I Don't Anymore
I Used To Care About People
Fuck Them All Now

It's Your Choice To Believe
Maybe It Comforts You
Maybe You Want To Believe There Is Something
But I Know
If God Ever Came Back
We'd Just Kill Him Again

Don't flame me for this because you disagree. Just writing something I've observed over time.

What did you observe, exactly? Your wildest dreams didn't come true?

The last line ruined it to. I'm no poem expert, but the whole thing was mediocre. The last line just nailed the lid on the coffin.

What did you observe, exactly? Your wildest dreams didn't come true?

The last line ruined it to. I'm no poem expert, but the whole thing was mediocre. The last line just nailed the lid on the coffin.

No, the world around me. We live in a unjust world. If God really existed, he would have helped us.

Also, if God can see all, then he should have seen Lucifer tempt Adam and Eve and could have prevented us all being sinners.

we didn't kill God, it was Jesus. Get your facts straight before you go and try being all deep and emotional.

In response to your Poem, You should ask yourself....Why is there a Heaven and a Hell? When it clicks, The mystery and misconception in your poem may become a little more clear.

Below a Quote I pulled online

"The news we hear today is frightening, to say the least. From war in Iraq to the immense devastation from the tsunamis in Asia just last month, can we help but wonder what's happening?

The other day, a friend was telling me how difficult she thought it was for us, as the "future generation," in comparison to our parents' lives when they were teens at least three decades ago. The day before, she had gotten into an argument with her very religious parents, over her reluctance to commit to God and the values they held as Christians. She argued that they had no idea what it was like to live as a young adult in the world we live in now. No one has time for God when they have to worry about AIDS, Crime, or terrorism. Besides, where was God anyway? Today there doesn't seem to be a God who cares, otherwise all the stuff like war and disasters that's been happening, wouldn't!

Well, I admit, at the time, I was dumbfounded as to how to respond. The last thing she said really hit me the hardest: "How could God let this happen?" I've also heard one frustrated person say, "Where was He when…"

It's a cruel reality today, that a lot of people -- we being no exception -- commonly believe the same things. We blame Him when there's no one else to blame. But is it God? Can we really blame Him? Was it God who crashed the plane into the World Trade Center? Did He raise his hand and force the waves on the shore of Asia or strap a bomb to the suicide bomber and then detonate it in the city streets of Baghdad?

Perhaps we should shift the blame on ourselves. Our world has gone wayward; immorality and impiety rule the lives of more than a few nowadays. Can we honestly say that we are blameless? Are we all innocent of crimes against each other, and inevitably God? Murders occur almost every minute, Deceit and corruption are the norm among our politicians and world leaders. The very things God said not to do are widely accepted.

Still, I believe that God cares just as much as He did thirty or fifty years ago when things seemed better; when people didn't have to worry about terrorism or a third world war. What is more, I believe that God may be keeping his eye on us even more, to be our protector in times of trouble and help when we need him -- but only if we do what's right.

It has been said that we are all lost, completely lost, if we have no faith in our creator God. So I won't blame God. Instead, I will learn to do the right things and have faith. And if there is someone reading this that does not see the goodness of God and how much He cares even today, you might consider trying to do the right thing and then see how your life starts to work out."

I can't speak for anyone but myself. But I will scratch the surface with this. 9 years ago when I gave my life to the Lord, My life was a wreck, I tried to take my life once, I was in unimagineable debt, Murphys law was always at my side (What can go wrong, did go wrong). When I gave my life over, Things over time, Years of deep prayer, Keeping faith, Believing that things would eventually look up, But the first step was believing he would take over....He did, and I wouldn't be what I am today if it wasn't for God.

The HUGE misconception people have is that God acts immediately at YOUR time, according to YOUR will, Simply because you asked that he would. It doesn't work like that. One must fully commit themselves to God, Live for HIS will, NOT yours, Be obedient, and follow the path that he sets for you and live by Christian morals. It goes soo much deeper than this, But religion is a touchy subject as each individual is entitled to their own believes on religion, and not one person can be deemed wrong for their beliefs.

But I will say that your poem needs a little work.

These "punishments" as you refer to them are called trials that God gives us through our life to test our faith in Him. I definitely consider my life to be a lot less than perfect, I'm ok with this because I have faith God is in control. Just because you pray to God for something good to happen in your life, doesn't mean he will answer your prayer the way you want it to go. Joseph in the Bible was put on a test in his faith when his brothers beat him up and sold him into slavery because they were jealous. If I would have been him I would have hated my brothers for the rest of my life, he had faith that God would help him through it, and didn't hate his brothers. He lived as a servant in Egypt, then was falsely blamed for something bad and out in jail. He still had faith and soon became the head of the jail. God interpreted Pharaoh's dream trough Joseph and it got him to be the second in command in Egypt overtime. When he saw his brothers later, he still cared about them and forgave them for their doings, it was all in God's hands.

It's hard for us to put our full faith in God sometimes, I struggle with it all the time. This obviously doesn't mean you can put your faith in God that he will save you from dying after jumping off a building... (had to put that in there for you people that need to argue that point) I found that I should focus on what I should be thankful for, rather than what goes wrong in my life, I know it's in God's hands.

People have worse trials than what you will ever go through and still keep their faith. People tortured for their faith in God. I know a lady dying because of cancer, she will never give up on God. She was estimated to die several months back, God has given her several more months of life to spend with her friends and family, on top of this she has actually improved some...

Just look at the good things you have in life...you are guaranteed to be miserable if you focus only on all the bad things.

it said there that we "blame" god for all the attroceties and a part of one of those examples im not going to quote it because im too lazy but it said something along the lines of "god didnt fly the planes into the world trade centers". Thats right, he didnt...

But he didnt stop it either did he?

I mean, come on, were talking about a god who (according to some) created the entire universe in 6 days, and he couldnt stop a few jumbo jets kiling thousands....

IF there is a god hes one mean sonofa bitch isnt he?

Meh, Athiest here :p

There are reasons I'm told why he doesn't help us. Free will etc is mostly what I get told, but I don't believe it works that way.

For one thing, even though I don't believe, I don't think we do have full free will. Not exactly. Something does link us together, but its not that.

If your deciding not to believe now, thats not a bad thing in my opinion.

One thing thats always made me hate the idea is the forceful ness. I've always been told "if you don't believe, you'll go to hell". Well... thats not free will is it then? Surely, if I don't believe, I'm just using the free will he gave us, to not believe in him... and it should be my right to do so, and knocking me in hell for that, isn't exactly right, is it.
I'm a good person, if I believe or not.

Back
Top Bottom