New Here And Need Advice

cza21

Solid State Member
whats up everyone i have an issue my computer seems slow on me all of the sudden i have norton 360 run checks every other day i have a celoron r 2.40ghz 1gb of ram fomatted to 992 also a 30gb hard driive main and a 400gb hard drive as a slave what else can i do to speed things up i also have optimum online as internet and it doesnt seem all that fast any sugestions thnx for the help should i add another gig thnx in advance for any help

Well, when you say "sudden," do you mean it just happened randomly.

and what I would do if i had your computer is get a much bigger master drive, ATLEAST 60gb.

Next, i would delete norton, i currently have ZoneLabs which i am very happy with, and although it does slow your pc down a bit, its worth it and its much better then norton

after that, im not that good with processors, but i never really liked celeron. If i didn't have a very tight budget, id go out and get core duo or sometin like that

First of all start by cleaning up your computer, run a disk defragment of your hdd, to do this go to ACCESSORIES,SYSTEM TOOLS, DISK DEFRAGMENT.
Also try using this program every day after you been on line http://www.ccleaner.com/ its free and very good.
You should also look to see how much space you have left on your HDD you may be storing lots of movies or pictures on it that you ma need to put on to disk or some external storage device.
One final thing to try is to run an antispyware program, try tis free one
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

I try to reinstall windows every 6 months or so. The best speed boost of all is a fresh os install. Also I would get rid of Norton it is a bloated piece of rubbish.

i run defrags disk cleanups i think its that my main drive only has 5gb left on it and thats the reason my windows was copied on the my drive and given to me how hard would it be for me to get that don again if i were to get a new main drive or can i swich the 400gb drive as the main and have the 30gb as slave althogh the 30gb has my main programs on it and windows xp on it

You say you only have 5gb left, is the 400g drive an external drive then? if not why don't you partition that one to a size adequate for you and run an OS from that, otherwise transfer some of your programs from you 30g to your 400g drive to free up space.

Back
Top Bottom