I've had it.

There should never be any dividing of members, there is already a privileged scheme for select members which allows a few perks which is fair so apart from mods all members should be equal.

I'd love new member(s)
- not really something we can do, we can advertise, but people might just not want to stay.
We do need a new look
- If you produce a valid reason for such, I may agree, but we don't need a new look, you want a new look.
As for the avatars I cant even get the one I want
... Why.. not the forums fault, look harder.
Custom signatures would be cool like user bars and stuff
- Yeah might be cool but with the admin doesn't want to, respect that decision.

I feel sorry for David, he does he best, and everytime you beg for something new, within two weeks you are asking for more and more and more.

Put yourselves in his shoes..

- not really something we can do, we can advertise, but people might just not want to stay.
- If you produce a valid reason for such, I may agree, but we don't need a new look, you want a new look.
... Why.. not the forums fault, look harder.
- Yeah might be cool but with the admin doesn't want to, respect that decision.

I feel sorry for David, he does he best, and everytime you beg for something new, within two weeks you are asking for more and more and more.

Put yourselves in his shoes..

Exactly the way I see it joxley, people should spend more time praising him for his work and commitment instead of hounding him for other things.
IF YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY WANT A YARD.

I think everything is fine how it is. We have custom avatars which is enough for me. Too much of a good thing isn't really a good thing.

Thanks for you support guys :)

I just had another idea,what about a Guru and above only sub forums,where only members Guru and above can post.

I think this would just cause people to spam even more just to get into the guru lounge. What would they talk about anyway?

plus it would subtract from the amount of posts in the regular section which wouldn't help get new members

theres both sides to this argument. on one side these things are standard on most forums, and we are just trying to catch up with them, attract some members and make it a better place.
on the other hand david is very busy, and a new theme isnt really going to affect how the forum runs. its just something we all want, and a nice extra to attract people.

yeah why would we need a guru lounge? the same rules would apply so it would have no meaning whatsoever.

One suggestion, Different User Groups

0-24 Newbie
25-99 Junior Member
100-499 Member
500-999 Senior Member
1000-1999 Guru
2000-2999 Super Guru
3000+ Computer Junkie (This could be CF Junkie also)

people hit 1000+ posts way too often, and i dont think having the new groups would cause much spamming, after 1000 posts people arent obsessed over post count anymore, and it will had a better feeling of accomplishment,

I was hoping to open this thread seeing "with these motha fuckin snakes on this motha fuckin plane!"

But yet again, the internet disappoints me :'[[[

/begins suicide maneuver

Back
Top Bottom