How does this sound?

I know, but I can upgrade to a new video card that is pcie 2.0.

and all the evga a1 are out.

Are you sure you want to upgrade already? It looks fine with what you have though, unless you're experiencing problems playing games and such. Is that motherboard supporting Socket 939 or AM2? (the one you currently own)

To tell you the truth, I would wait just a little bit longer when Penryn and Phenom comes out. There will be more motherboards to choose from. I believe all those motherboards are Crossfire supported (ATI).

It is Am2. and its not that fast of a computer.

It always pissed me off, my sound glitches when I minimize a game. Multitasking is a bitch. Startup with vista is ridiculous.

Also I can't wait that long because this is a Christmas gift and I can't think of anything else I want.

Damnit, I tried to make a post like half an hour ago.. but it didn't go.. and you ordered already... oh well...
Heres what I tried to say:

Well, as far as coolers go.. Zalman is god.. though I hear thermaltake is very good too.

Honestly, I don't see a point to upgrading your whole system. If you just get an 8800GT (like I will) then you'll probably be fine for most newer games..

aw damn.
But I will consider the zalman

and the only games I play are Counter Strike source and condition zero.

My card handles those finnnne.

I do like photoshop, i sometimes video edit with adobe premiere.

Ah I see. Just CS and multitasking is your thing eh?

Yeah source doesn't take much of a video card. I used to play it on an old GeForce 4 Ti4200.. ran fine.

What kind of video card are you planning on getting? I would get the 8800GTX, unless you're planning to use what you have wihch is the 7900GT.

Back
Top Bottom