what is better

Well, the E6850 is a 3GHZ processor which will probably be overclockable to at least 3.2GHZ, though these factors don't always matter.

Personally, I'd go with Intel, but its up to you, since they'll probably perform about the same in most tasks.

well i am leaning towards the c2d but the amd is cheaper. and the c2d is supported better in games i hear.....

If your not overclocking I'd say they would be virtually even. The Black edition may have a slight edge due to clock speeds.

If your overclocking the E6850 will pw3n the Black edition. Black editions top around 3.4Ghz overclocked while the E6850 should reach 3.6Ghz without much effort.

This is a REALLY tough decision, especially with Penryn and Phenom on the horizon and it's a big unknown as to what we can expect from those.

The Black Edition has got to be the last of the K8 architecture so it's pushing the limits. It's highly overclockable but be aware the CPU does not come with a cooler. You have to buy extra heatsink/fan combo for it, even retail.

Technically, that AMD CPU performs faster than the Intel version, power consumption on both is quite different. To me, the Intel has got to be better because it runs cooler and more efficient due to it's smaller design. Increase performance while decrease power consumption. There can be an OC potential too when you look at it that way.

thanks guys, i was looking at the new c2d line coming out in january and appsrently the E8500(3.16ghz) is only gunna be 266 amarican, true or not i have no clue. but would it be around the same price canadian?or because its canada will it be like 400 like the E6850?

Back
Top Bottom