what do you want to see on this site?

We have only just got avatars, now you want them bigger? No-one is ever happy, they always want more.

My opinion -

I can help people on here, I can talk to people, I can get help on here. It's a nice, fast basic package, it's a good site with good people, no need for all this new stuff.

agreed. this is stupid, no matter what david gives you you always come back with the usual crap, you have only just got custom avs.. now you want them changed? just be grateful that david lets you come on here free of charge, and runs the forums for you.. the usual crap that you always say is getting tedious now, it is NOT 'needed'. this forum is fine as it is, custom sigs would look stupid (like when rudster added the sig in underneath his posts, that looks messy and degraded the forum). IMO, all these changes you are demanding would look stupid, and not draw any more people in.. it should be the people and community they want to be a part of, not just cause it has got a flash theme.

ive had a look at a couple of those other sites, and they do not look anywhere near as good as this one does.. too many large sigs and avatars, with too many lines and far too many colours.. nice and simple is the way to go..

i agree with mark (+1), this forum is about computer related issues, and custom sigs etc would only be a distraction IMO

just be grateful that david lets you come on here free of charge, and runs the forums for you..

I would not mind paying like 20 bucks a year or so for this forum. I am almost sure that others wouldn't mind either. That way we have money for improvements... But I agree with you. People are asking for a bit too much. I'd like user bars, but I can survive without them.

Damn, $20 a year? I don't know. I mean, I work and all but if I was forced to pay that---I would be looking to join another forum. There should be a donate option through PayPal though.

I want people to stop complaining, b*tching, and whining.

I'm not saying those aren't good ideas. They are. I'm just sick of some people acting like they're two over stuff.

We have only just got avatars, now you want them bigger? No-one is ever happy, they always want more.

My opinion -

I can help people on here, I can talk to people, I can get help on here. It's a nice, fast basic package, it's a good site with good people, no need for all this new stuff.

im not putting that all in becuase I think it is good, but rather becuase it was one of the things that has been brought up in here. I too agree that there is no need for half the stuff I put there, but others do, and I respect their arguments however much I disagree. the size we have now is great becuase its not hogging the forum, but still expressing ourselves. I would love to have custom sigs without pics becuase the pics do get out of hand (like rudsers) but having some formatting does make your sig look nice if used right.

OK This Example is JUST AND EXAMPLE.

DON'T ASK WHAT I WAS DOING ON THIS SITE. It was purely research.
Dollwizard.com/forums/

You don't have to go but plz don't ask........... really though back to the point of that link.

That sites forum is VERY NICE.
I never get tired of looking at it with the colorful background and such.
I mean if that was looked into it wouldn't be a star background, go for anything.
Site:
Threads: 26,088, Posts: 1,823,768, Members: 162,365, Active Members: 4,734
CF:
Threads: 60,424, Posts: 653,612, Members: 26,886

We have know where near that many active members.
Its not about the amount of members its about the amount of ACTIVE members.

Also don't ask......

A couple themes I like:

http://gfxstyles.com/forum.php
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213844

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195124 (I believe that would be this, but updated, but I can't tell)

And we should have it customizable where users can see a different theme. like have a normal one, and then a dark one for those who want a dark theme.

edit- check this out: they have a lot of themes, and you can look at them all. http://gfxstyles.net/

they have this theme with updated buttons and for this version.

Back
Top Bottom