Ok for Low / Medium Crysis settings?

Ouch... well, at least you'll have time to enjoy it then :)

Haha... I picked out the parts for him... I thought, that if I got that card for him, he wouldn't be complaining saying games wouldn't play at high settings in a years or so time, as that monitor with that res gives him a bit more room to play around with settings for future use if you get where I'm coming from.

I was planning on throwing my GTS at him, and grabbing his GTX when it came to the door, but I resisted the temptation, even though, he wouldn't honestly notice the difference between the two.

Kage said:
I was planning on throwing my GTS at him, and grabbing his GTX when it came to the door, but I resisted the temptation, even though, he wouldn't honestly notice the difference between the two.

lol, we have so much in common now :p except i would have gone through with it and if he found out i would have played it off as a joke ;)

Haha, I could change it now and he wouldn't know the difference most likely, but it'd be in my concience.

No one else in the household knows anything about hardware, or anything.

He'd just pass it off as being his old card.

"Oh yes... of course the GTS is better :D"

(This may actually become true when the new GTS arrives... so...am I telling a lie exactly? :D)

You people don't give crysis enough credit. Your acting like it doesn't scale for shit. Guess what, news flash:
My 7600GT can run Crysis at 1024x768 with most settings at low and get 40-60 FPS. The game scales perfectly fine.

my 8600GTS runs crysis at medium on a 1280x1024 resolution...
it still looks amazing!!!! Its Dx10 and it looks sick!!!

Wow yeah this card will max out css but yeah it doesnt take much to run CS:S I ran it on high on my ati radeon 7500 32 mb gpu.....

You people don't give crysis enough credit. Your acting like it doesn't scale for shit. Guess what, news flash:
My 7600GT can run Crysis at 1024x768 with most settings at low and get 40-60 FPS. The game scales perfectly fine.
crysis must automatically scale the textures or settings that you cant change then, because i cant even get that high on my card :confused:

Not that I know of. I run Textures on medium, shadows on medium, everything else on low., DX9 mode

DX10 is a joke. You can use configs to force DX10 effects on DX9, and the frame rate is still better.

Gears of war also has absolutely no graphical benefits in DX10.. just a lower framerate.

Ah well, when I get my 8800GT this game will be a lot nicer looking atleast.
The 512 megs of ram will probably also make the stuttering in Gears of war stop.

is there any way to force DX9 in vista?

also, having 2 things on medium and everything else on low isnt medium settings, its low-medium. also, object detail is what affects the FPS the most.

My friend runs crysis on his computer, which is the same as mine, just not overclocked, with an 8600gt too. He can run it almost all on high, at 768p with 20-30FPS on vista.

Back
Top Bottom