dual monitor question

neon615

Baseband Member
hey, just wondering if it is possible tn have one screen showing a game and the other showing desktop, like so i can use msn and game at the same time

hey, just wondering if it is possible tn have one screen showing a game and the other showing desktop, like so i can use msn and game at the same time

i bleive you can.....just dont use clone mode..use the other one...i think its called tenextened desktop or soemthing

Yeah, its possible to show the desktop at the same time, but, when your in a game, the usual mouse becomes disabled, and only moves within the game, so if you wanted to actually move the mouse pointer on the other screen to talk, you'd have to still minimize the game on one screen and then talk on the other, but you could at least see what was being said without minimizing, etc.

If you just want to place the msn screen on the second monitor and wait for the person to respond, that is possible, however you have to minimize the game when you want to use a different program. I hate it :S. But that's the way it is.

Yeah, whenever you move your mouse to the end of your first screen, you can now just move it onto the second screen. It is automatic.

The whole point of this is so you can have two big windows open, like itunes and a work document at once.

its really good thing to do, i love playing TF2 and when i waiting to re spawn i can surf the web or IM a friend

yeah I use it all the time.
I have a game running on my main monitor and irc + msn + usually ts on the other monitor.

As the guys already said in order to actually use the stuff on the other screen you have to minimize the game. (alt+tab) But even though you can't use the other stuff while you play it doesn't really matter since when you play you play, not play and surf the internet. (at least that's how I do it)

And if you need to use them minimizing the game takes only like a second or two.

Overall I really recommend getting another monitor, it's just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom