Invisible Tank

Yeah I saw something like this on English TV months ago, they experimented using a troop carrier, but it was very prone to things like rough terrain, on a road it sort of worked, but since when are there roads where tanks need to be??, muddy, with deep deep ruts + large rocks, so nah, in any case it'd come down to cost, apparently it's very expensive for just one tank, let alone squadrons of them, also if one enemy device exploded fairly close, think what it would do to finely focussed projectors, nice idea Arrizx, but...........

anyway, come on seriosuly, its not like with the new creamic armour and decent speeds they have they actually need this protection, if anything its anyone going against our tanks that would want to be invisible ;)

Hmm, interesting.

I had a feeling they had gotten light to bend around for a minute, but that is a clever way to get around the problem, though I can't say how great it is to have all that expensive technology on a tank thats meant for battle, and could explode at any minute.

Can't say it'd work when it was moving either, as the tank paint would have to react very fast indeed, and I doubt we'd be talking LCD reaction speed here, and it tends to be when tanks are moving, that they are spotted and shot upon, and tanks move pretty fast indeed for their size...

Standing still, it seems the technology would work, but whats the point in that? :p

"Oh look...a tank. Right, arm missles. Ready?...wait...wheres it gone!? Oh... never mind, its probably gone invisible right where it was. Fire!"

Haha, nice idea though, but they'd also still be suspesptable to heat missile firing, and everything else they can throw at it.

not to mention thermal sights, night vision etc etc ;)

oh plus the exhaust fumes once it gets out of the camera range, dust from when its moving, the barrel flash, smoke from the barrel when it shoots, the top (duh!) the tracks in the mud that suddenly stop, the noise of the engine idling, and so on :D

just a few weaknesses.......

Yeah, haha. Even so, I'd still love to see a video of this in action :)

EDIT:

Oh, it doesn't work how I imagined it too from the links up there.
Its not the paint that changes like I thought, but a special silicon material that reflects well, and so gets reflected on by a set of projectors?... Okay...

They've tested light bending technology, and have got light to bend around a few atoms or something, but even in that small scale, there has always been a few bends of light that wouldn't match up, and so would be noticable by a viewer on a larger item. Still, they are getting there.

lmao, i just thought, imagine if the computer controlling this projector had the BSOD :D

It'd suddenly turn blue :p

...Thats suggesting Windows crashing again... bad Kage... who knows? It may not run on Windows...

I made this in Photoshop quickly :D

tankerdoomed.jpg

Haha, like?

Back
Top Bottom